ZBrushCentral

Rendering for 3d-TV

Is there a possibility to render directly in 3d for an output on a 3d-TV in Zbrush (Maxwell or Modo)?
If not, is there a conversion software to convert a 3d rendering in a 3d one!
Thanks a lot!
Stefan

guti wrote a script for rendering “side-by-side” stereoscopic images.

you’ll find it here

Thanks a lot!
But I am looking for real 3d in color wit shutterglases!

side-by-side, over/under, dual stream,… is used for stereoscopic 3d (shutter glasses and polarized glasses)

which size, aspect ratio,… depends on you

Thanks! Does your script also work with the european PAL (No NTSC)?

i’d say for 3dtv there’s no such thing as pal or ntsc any more.

1920*1080 120Hz

Thank you! I hope that I can use it, because my zbrush knowlede is limited!

Hi ernststefan,

Just in case you are having trouble outputting your render (after using guti’s ZBrush plugin) to your 3D television for viewing you might want to take a few steps…

If you are wanting to send the video (I’m assuming that you have used something like “Avisynth” to make the image streams into left/right avi files) directly from your computer to the TV then you will probably need a 3rd party piece of software such as “Stereoscopic Player”. What this software will do is convert the left/right video files into a signal your TV/shutter glasses can recognize so you can view your stereoscopic content as you wish.

You can download a trial version online to see if you like it. There may be free applications that do the same job but none that I’m aware of at the moment.

You could also use an editing suite to composite and burn the side-by-side video to a DVD or Blu-Ray disc and play it that way but again you will need more software.

If you are having trouble getting guti’s plugin to load see the instructions towards the end of the thread that SoM80 linked above.

I hope this helps and I’m happy to answer any other questions you may have if I can.

[EDIT] Obviously you could output Side by Side or Over/Under directly to the TV but this would halve the horizontal or vertical res, hence the extra step of using Stereoscopic Player. This may or may not be an issue for you. :slight_smile:

right. if his tv is passive stereo (and not active shutter), it would be halved vertically anyway and most of those tvs do have a mode to just convert a sidebyside output to interlaced.

First: Thanks to all!
Sorry, but I have never touched the Script menu and do not have any knowledge!
I loaded the script with “load”, but nothing hapened!
Next thing: I vave 3d-TV with polarisation glases, but I think this is not thr matter!
Now I am frustrated, because you tolde me so much inteligent thinks!
Sorry! I to run the script???

Stefan

don’t worry, you did it right.

there has to be “stereo turntable” at the bottom of the movie menu once you’ve loaded the txt-file.