ZBrushCentral

Ashen, the Steampunk Law Enforcer High-res Character model by Guang Shi

Hello everyone,
Im Guang currently a modeling student at school. This model is my latest project.

I have always loved the incredible works from ZBrushCentral and I feel very humble to post my very first model here.

This project is largely inspired by the last two time dominance war contest winners. I would like to make a female character model with a good amount of details. But to make it my own I decide to make this model a mainly steampunk hardsurface piece instead of sci-fi hardsurface. This girl is basically a law enforcer, I tried to add some special features onto her. Since she is still a fighter type of character yet a female, I decide to make this character a rather light-class fighter. So a lot of bird feature on this character, some very figurative like the metal feathers, some are rather literal like the bird face in the mid region.

Design wise this model is pretty much a free styled work but I did have a general idea of how each part is gonna be.Sometimes I paint over in photoshop or do a quick concept sculpt in zbrush to see if certain details work or not. I didnt have a finished concept before this although I think I will try to do a painting for this project after I finish.

For the technical part, Zbrush help me a lot with sculpting and get the concept and design done.Although I used a lot of traditional maya modeling skill, there is no way I can do this project without the help of Zbrush. I often do a rough sculpt on a piece of armor first then when I am comfortable with the shape, I will just retopo in Zbrush to get the mesh out really guick. I have been more of a organic guy before, but with this project I was able to make a lot of hardsurface piece.

Here are the images . For higher resolution images you can check out my Deviantart page

All character design, modeling, surfacing and Lighting by me. Compositing by Yuri Vasilyev

For wire frames and some WIP images you can check out this

-------UPDATE----
Some screenshot from the Zbrush file. I also use Zbrush to polypaint for organic models. Frankly I think its a lot better to use than some of the other non-vertex based polypaint tool.

Thanks A lot!

Attachments

steampunk_law_enforcer_by_guang_shi_by_gwangshi172-d57d5rt.jpg

steampunk_law_enforcer_by_guang_shi_by_gwangshi172-d57d62f.jpg

steampunk_law_enforcer_by_guang_shi_by_gwangshi172-d57d66f.jpg

ashen_steampunk_law_enforcer_by_guang_shi_by_gwangshi172-d57d6c7.jpg

steampunk_law_enforcer_by_guang_shi_by_gwangshi172-d57d6jt.jpg

steampunk_law_enforcer_by_guang_shi_by_gwangshi172-d57d6mw.jpg

7572569848_2692790ac0_b.jpg

7572570022_7b03ba2af8_b.jpg

steampunk_law_enforcer_by_guang_shi_by_gwangshi172-d58rjxr.jpg

steampunk_law_enforcer_by_guang_shi_by_gwangshi172-d58rjua.jpg

1 Like

Beautiful work! Very nice detail. :+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Wow, what alot of work. So much detail here and there. Keep going.

[HR][/HR]“Greedy and Mean people make this planet suck.”

www.wickedwheelz.com

I love this project. Very creative and extremely well executed. Thanks for posting this for us to enjoy Gaung.

Very nicely done. Nice presentation and great modeling. Simple textures but the shaders carry most of the weight. Need to ask though. Do you have any other work? On your deviant art and your website you have just this. You might want to get some more pieces up that can show some range. Also wire frame shots wouldn’t hurt.

Omg this is amazing! I wish I could have 1/10th of your talent!

Amazing, beautiful face, clothing and hair. Really really awesome work :+1: Top row imo

Hi thanks for the positive feedbacks! I am a soon to graduate student. I currently dont have a lot of work to show off. I have some other work has a different range of field but they are not as good. I am working an very different character model at the moment, hopefully can get it done soon:) I do have some screenshot with the wireframe in the link below the images. But I will render some legit wireframed images when I put them into my demo reel:)

Wow, Incredible detail and well executed steampunk style rarely seen these days.
Toprow anyone?? :evil:

Oh ya… I’m with you on this one Guesscui.

Got my vote too… Love that " Steamy " Punkette… :slight_smile:

Wow Guang, you totally rock … this is too good awesome work man !!! 59102545623561.25 thumbs up !!!

Perfect in every aspect, something that definitely inspires.

A top row from me, no need to even think about it.

Keep up the great work.

Ha, I actually didnt realize the cloud noise actually fit in the theme before u said it:)

A little update, I uploaded 2 more images include the one that shes wearing the goggle! wanted to do that for so long:)

Attachments

newico.jpg

I would LOVE a 1920x1080 or larger 16:9 wallpaper version of this :slight_smile:

Goggles look really sweet but also cover up a lot of her face. Amazing work overall though.

ahoahoa!!! really wonderfull work!!
the new top are comming!!

congrats

insane model man!
beaultifuly rendered, and the model is just sick! Just saw the wires you posted in another forum…sick sick sick

Hi the high res ones are on the deviantart link on the first post. Those are rendered 3k*4k images, so you can for sure cut a 1920/1080 out of it:)

Ah excellent, thanks!

It’s pretty hard to get stuff noticed on DA since it moves so incredibly quick, so I recommend submitting your character to more groups, groups for 3d modeling, sculpting, steampunk, girls, steampunk girls, you get the idea. If you open up any of the most popular deviations of this week or whatever you’ll see how they’re in LOTS of groups… don’t let this slip under the radar :smiley: