ZBrushCentral

JL-Art's sketchbook

Hey Guys! Finally found the courage to be a part of this forum. I’ve only been using ZBrush for a couple of weeks and for the moment I’m just trying to learn as much stuff as possible. I’m going to use this thread as a sketchbook to show some of my works (good or bad)… Comments are welcome.

Thanks for watching. :smiley:

Here are some quick sketches I did just for fun. Trying to experiment a little.

Attachments

bittersweetsmile.jpg

eyesclosed.jpg

I’ve been sick for a couple of days (and really bored) so today I started in this bearded gentleman. The sculpt is actually made after a concept by the awesome Hethe Srodawa link and i found it while locking inside an issue of Imagine FX. Don’t really have the issue myself, only a small copy in my iphone. Still, i think I’m getting there, slowly… Here’s a WIP.

wip.jpg

Small update on the dude I’m working on. Think I’ll be doing his hair next, then some asymmetry and in the end some experimenting with alphas. Cheers!

wip5.jpg

Finally found the time to finish him. As always I’ve already found a lot of things I would like to change… but it’s time to move on.

DA_2.jpg

Cool expression and nice touch with the Strands of hair. Smooth sculpt with the mustache and beard.

Thanks man! Still learning for every stroke I’m taking. Nice knowing I’m doing something right though. :wink:

Hey guys.

Started on some fan art yesterday which I’ve been wanting to do for quite some time. I’ve been a fan of Gears of War since the first day and I’ve spent a lot (!) of hours playing multiplayer. And with the inspiration from the GOW3 thread here on ZBC I really wanted to try making a sculpture (bust) of a character. Really digging the design on Barrick so I decided to give it a try. Hopefully he will turn out OK, or atlest recognizable. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the sculpt is pretty much done. Might do some minor changes later on, but for now I will continue focusing on painting him.

cool woks, congrats!

Thanks man! :smiley:

Here is my final sculpt and render of Barrick. Rendered in ZBrush and composed in Photoshop. Also my first time trying to create some serious polypainting, which was a lot of fun! C&C are welcome. :slight_smile:

I’ll be posting some viewport shots later on.

I really enjoyed doing Barrick so I figured… why not do one more.

This time it’s Marcus (unarmored Marcus) turn and hopefully he will turn out at least recognisable. :stuck_out_tongue: Also trying to push my realism a little bit this time around and therefore I’ll be using fiber mesh (for the first time).

Here’s a little wip.

Hello everyone!

Here’s a couple of different angels from my Barrick sculpt, without any fancy rendering or composition. Pretty much forgot about posting them.

I also finished my unarmored Marcus sculpt.

Some angels…

And the final composed version. First time using fiber mesh, which was a little bit tricky, but lot’s of fun.

I’m doing a little project in school where I do bust sculpts of game characters. Pretty satisfied with the ones from GoW so I thought I’d continue with another franchise: Far Cry.
Really looking forward to Far Cry 3… and Vaas is a really interesting character (or so he seems) so I figured I’d give him a try.
Haven’t gotten especially far yet but with a little test posing and some sketching I think the end result may end up something like this.

Like your models:) This nice expressions.

Thanks! Well, I’ve learned a lot since that one, but glad you like it. :smiley:

Update on my Vaas bust… Pretty much done with the sculpting… for now. Time to put some texture on this guy. : )

Anyone else looking forward to Far Cry 3? :wink:

Well, I finally got around to finishing my Vaas sculpt. I worked really hard on this one and I’m quite pleased with the result. This is the final sculpt and render.
Sculpted, painted and rendered in ZBrush and composed in Photoshop (no paint overs). This picture is also part of an individual project I’m making in a school course.
So there will probably be at least one more sculpt like this one in the near future.

C&C would be much appreciated. Hope you like!

Vaas_Comp_final_central.jpg

And here is a simple turnaround (might not be all the right shaders, but still, almost correct).

Today I started working on one of my favourite characters from this game generation: Thane. I’m really enjoying sculpting something other than the regular type of human. :slight_smile:

Update on Thane.

WIP4.jpg