ZBrushCentral

Desert Louse

Hi Everyone I just recently finished this model for a making of tutorial in 3D Artist Magazine. And would like to share the images here also. The concept was done by Dan Baker Senior Concept artist who I work with at Ninja Theory. Modelled using Dynamesh base, retop in Silo, Shading and lighting in Maya, Textured using HD Textures in Zbrush. Here’s some images from the tutorial it was really good fun creating creating this one I hope you like him.

Cheers

Dan

lousefinal_01.jpg
Final Render With neutral BG

lousefinal_02.jpg
Final Render Comp with BG

zphere_rig01.jpg
Zsphere Rig

Capture.jpg
polypaint02.jpg

poly.jpg
PolyPaint using HD Geo

highdetail pass01.jpg

refined_sculpt01.jpg
Sculpt HD

polypaint04.jpg
SSS Shader

sss.jpg

Thanks again for looking for more images and tutorials stay tuned via my twitter page.

Cheers

Dan

Attachments

highdetail pass01.jpg

polypaint02.jpg

refined_sculpt01.jpg

lousefinal_01.jpg

lousefinal_02.jpg

1 Like

That’s a really cool creepy model!
I’m really interested to see how you used HD sculpt for the textures, i’ve have some trouble to work with HD sculpt.
Great job man, congratulation

Lovely render, shading, modeling everything. Looks brilliant, I absolutely love the face, so much expression.

I like it :slight_smile:

Great work… not going to miss this edition, do you know what number it will be, as they are always at least two months late down in Southern Africa… why I know not, we’ve done away with the ox wagons years ago…

Will be great, these tutorials are always a major help, will be good to see how Silo handles Retopo as I moved over to Modo 601 that does a brilliant job…

Thanks…

I really love this! The render looks great, and I love the amount of detail… and the sense of character you get from his expression :slight_smile:

Great creepy crawly character concept, and a great job on the sculpting and texturing too! :+1:

Great job will be looking for out for that making of tutorial.

Excellent work Dan. Your creature looks really amazing. Love all the details and texturing you did. Just one little thing, I think the render in the neutral BG looks better. The other one doesn’t make the character stick out as much. Nevertheless, great job man.

Great work. Is the issue already out?

The monster looks awesome! Really well designed and sculpted!

Nice work, I really enjoy the eyes.

badass!
love the hair work, very specific

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing your SSS setup for Maya.

-Steve

[QUOTE=sketchguy;959231]Very nice! Looking forward to seeing your SSS setup for Maya.

Cheers Man I’ll post more of the Maya set up details soon.

Cheers Bryan thanks for looking.

julien3d: Cheers man hows the work going lately?

-Storm- Thanks man

chokata: Glad you like it.

Sigmund Hentze: Cheers man its Issue 43 the one with Carlos Haunte creature stuff in there too.

BrookeD: Cheers dood

Webhead: Much appreciated man

sculptntoo: Cheers man the full workflow I’m currently making a pdf which I’ll be putting up here and 3d total soon

aurfax: Cheers man I also agree it has a certain beauty being void.

Mrguy: Hi Man yeah it currently in UK store at moment.

SolidSnakexxx: Cheers Pliskin

Gedn: Thanks mate

sketchguy: I’ll post you extra screenies later when I get home

I look forward to this! Creepy great! How many polys was your final model?

Cheers man final render mesh was 100.000 polys, I displaced up to a few million for broad detail, then normals for high frequency.

That is a stellar piece. Loads of emotion in the eyes, craploads of detail, great render, etc. Thanks for sharing.