ZBrushCentral

Hec's Recent-ish Works

Hi there,

Haven’t posted here in ages… last I remember was a very old sketchbook thread, but never really finished works. Here’s a mini-bomb drop of Z-works from the past two years or so. Hope you like. :smiley:

This first one is from a fine art project where I got to work with human scan data. I did the retopo and clean up of the scan and restoring areas with holes and errors, which it had lots of since it was done with pretty dated scanning tech. I also made other enhancements and retouching as requested by the client. This Z-render with a quick polypaint job was more done for fun and practice since the actual job didn’t require any of that.

Here you see a rough breakdown of the process, the final heads were printed at a bit more than double size, that robot arm milling them out is actually pretty huge, each copy of the head took almost a week to print.

More info also available here:

http://www.castyourart.com/en/2012/01/13/tomak-phantomak/

This one’s just a 3d likeness of a German tv dance and performance coach who’s in some tv shows in German speaking countries. I did it for a game I worked on at my previous job.

These other ones are in-game models rendered in maya for another of the games that I worked on at my previous job. Fun little caricature style characters:

Attachments

Bertha_Sculpt_Gray.jpg

Emma_Comp.jpg

Emma_Sculpt_Gray.jpg

Frank_Comp.jpg

Frank_Sculpt_Gray.jpg

Bertha_Comp.jpg

Dee_Sculpt_Gray.jpg

Dee_Sculpt.jpg

Tomak_Grey.jpg

Tomak_01.jpg

Wow, those scanners and printers… I should like to invest in it if I had the money :confused: I would cheer up the Eifel tower with jumping winged people, nice mountains in Holland, busts of Stalin without mustache in the cold middle of Siberia, the earth without pollution in China, or …
No, I’m wrong. I will keep the money to buy some nice paint and hire a good model.
Anyway it’s a real nice project you did :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanx Bas!

Here’s a small addendum. These two were made for the pre-rendered cinematics in a slot machine game by Sunfox Games. Had fun making these two.

cardboard_kat_final.jpg

KatColor.jpg

KatGray.jpg

cardboard_bruce_final.jpg

BruceGray.jpg

clean models look really nice
Great texturing too :smiley:

Woah, where have you been? This is ALL very cool work-:wink: Love your renderings as well. Best, Dragon.

really cool, I like the stylized characters a lot :slight_smile:

really cool …
love teh cartoony style …
and your evrsion of dee soost is spot on … already feel like punching my monitor just by looking at your model …lol

Thanx guys.

@ xtrm3d - Funny that you recognize Dee… and yeah, I get the impression he’s not universally liked as a person. Still, hope your monitor is still intact. ;)

yup i am french . but i did live 15 year in berlin …
i hate the dude with all my heart …lol