GoZ for Softimage is a One Click Solution for 3d mesh exchange between ZBrush and Softimage using GoZ file format.
It is developed using GoZ SDK and Softimage C++ API and provides the functionality to automatically setup a proper render tree in Softimage ready for rendering with Mental Ray.
It supports both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Softimage on Windows.
GoZ For Softimage Installation and Usage
1. One Click mesh exchange between ZBrush and Softimage using GoZ file format.
2. Multiple SubTools support.
3. Diffuse Map, Normal Map and Displacement Map support.
4. Render Tree with Mental Ray Material setup.
5. Complete Displacement Map setup with proper Geometry Approximation Settings.
6. Polygroups to Clusters preservation.
7. Softimage Animation (keyframed Transformations) preservation.
8. Softimage Hierarchy preservation.
More to come...
Things doesn't currently Support.
1. Softimage Geometry types other than Polymesh type are not supported.
2. Polymeshes with Ngons are not supported (Only Triangles and Quads are supported).
3. Crease /Hard Edge preservation is not supported.
4. Softimage Constrains preservation is not supported.
5. Unfreezed Softimage Transforms preservation is not supported.
6. Masking export is not supported.
Download GoZ For Softimage.zip installation package
and follow the instructions you can find in GoZ For Softimage Instructions.pdf
Any suggestions in workflow improvements are welcomed.
I hope to find this tool useful enough and create your artwork with the same fun as the fun I had developing it.
I want to say many thanks to Thomas Roussel at Pixologic French office who trusted me the GoZ SDK and supports my attempt.
For any Questions, Support and Suggestions please post in the thread and I will do my best to assist you.
Thank you for your time,