ZBrushCentral

Long the walk to freedom is.

Hey all

I finally sat down and finished something. Hope you like him.

J

Attachments

Yodela.jpg

Wow! Yoda crossed with Nelson Mandela! What a fascinating visual, and executed so nicely. Very impressive!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, Tokolosh, as well as maybe some details of your workflow. Thanks for sharing!

Terry

Like this Yoda, I do! :slight_smile:

That’s Yoda? I thought it was Morgan Freeman suffering from gangrene. :wink:

interesting

interesting interpretation of yoda, looking cool though:+1:

Thanks for the comments!

Morgan Freeman suffering from gangrene! HA HA That’s classic dude!

Thanks Terry - I got some pics off google and started with a very basic mesh. I don’t subdivide until I can’t sculpt any more with the polygons I have. If the base shape is good the details are easy. It renders nice enough as a picture, but is completely unanimationable, you wouldn’t want to see the mess I mean mesh.

I was really struggling to get the hair just right so I settled for what he has now. It looks better than spaghetti for hair I suppose.

Nice!

And I think, I even know your reference picture for this piece of art. :wink:

http://ilenwu.blogspot.de/2012/02/nelson-mandela-in-hospital-but-in-good.html

The original was inspired by Einstein’s eyes

Tweeked it a bit and figured out lightcap and BPRFilters. Really awesome to work with! Rendered completely in Zbrush, just added the blur in photoshop. Is there a way to do the depth blur properly in Zbrush?

I would love some C & C’s.

Thanks for looking!

Jaco

Render looks amazing!

Great Render… Something I fear attempting.

wow, yoda with a completely different character :slight_smile: really like your interpretation. great work. and, nice render too.

great !
realy nice render.
can you post a snapshot to share your presets ?

Like the render and how you humanized Yoda. There is a BPR Blur filter in ZB which works for for depth. You should play with it.

Made me laughing and totally made my day. The best award an artist can get :smiley:

Great job! To complete the ultimative picture you should try to reach a more realistic texture and render. SSS as example. Better fabric. postwork .

Awesome design on yoda! :+1:

HA! Awesome!

I can just concur with everybody else! Nice render mate and I see the likeness aswell, but great job on a humanoid yoda:):+1:

This portrait is shockingly original, and while there are hundreds of great interpretations of Yoda floating around on the interweb, this one shows a unique sense of compassion in the redesign. It’s delicate, and subdued and could have been “Space Balls” styled ridiculous, but somehow you pulled it off.

If I might make one small criticism, it would be… re-address the lighting. Maybe look at some darker, high contrast portrait photography or dutch old masters paintings.