1. #1
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default Give me goz for softimage damnit!

    Softimage 2013 is out and still no GOZ....

    Going back to Softimage 2011 to use GoSoftlite is a joke.
    This isn't funny anymore....

  2. #2
    Senior Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    723

    Default

    This should be posted on Softimage's forums as GoZ is their responsibility not Pixologic's.

  3. #3
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Autodesk won't add Goz for softimage,coz they want to promote their sculpting tool "Mudbox".that's why we are still waiting for Goz for Softimage.

  4. #4
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I think pixologic should buy softimage from autodesk.Then they will have a total end to end solution.
    Softimage is the most powerful of the big 3 but lacks popularity due to max and maya sales...which in turn means that it doesn't get promoted as much.

  5. #5
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    I think pixologic should buy softimage from autodesk.Then they will have a total end to end solution.
    Softimage is the most powerful of the big 3 but lacks popularity due to max and maya sales...which in turn means that it doesn't get promoted as much.
    that would be great

  6. #6
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalFrog View Post
    This should be posted on Softimage's forums as GoZ is their responsibility not Pixologic's.
    All the GoZ utilities except for the Lightwave one have been made by Pixologic. And NewTek doesnt have a sculpting applicaion of their own, therefor no conflicted interests to worry about. Autodesk will never make a GoZ for Softimage.

    Pixologic is now just getting ridicules with the way they treat xsi users.

  7. #7
    Senior Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyoneeye View Post
    All the GoZ utilities except for the Lightwave one have been made by Pixologic. And NewTek doesnt have a sculpting applicaion of their own, therefor no conflicted interests to worry about. Autodesk will never make a GoZ for Softimage.

    Pixologic is now just getting ridicules with the way they treat xsi users.
    Pixologic has provided the SDK for anyone to make a GoZ utility. There's one for Blender and Pixologic had nothing to do with it. You might get better response from someone at XSI forums. Blaming Pixologic is probably putting the blame where it doesn't belong.

  8. #8
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalFrog View Post
    Pixologic has provided the SDK for anyone to make a GoZ utility. There's one for Blender and Pixologic had nothing to do with it. You might get better response from someone at XSI forums. Blaming Pixologic is probably putting the blame where it doesn't belong.
    There are two separate attempts to make GoZ for Softimage: GoSoftimageLite and XGoZ. First one transfers only the geometry and the UV data, while the other one has an extremely painful installation - I have only managed to install it on one machine and the data transfer was not performing correctly at all...

    I dont blame them; I question their logic behind the decision not to provide GoZ for Softimage while they had no problem making it for other Autodesk packages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •