ZBrushCentral

my book cover

Hello everyone
This is my book cover design(Shahnameh)
The Shahnameh or Shah-nama “The Book of Kings” is a long epic poem written by the Persian poet Ferdowsi between c.977 and 1010 AD and is the national epic of Iran and related societies. Consisting of some 60,000 verses,[1] the Shahnameh tells mainly the mythical and to some extent the historical past of (Greater) Iran from the creation of the world until the Islamic conquest of Persia in the 7th century.
It has been two years that I’m working on my project (research & illustrating Shahnameh Ferdowsi) and today I was informed that the permission to publish this book is finally granted. I hope that it would be published by June 2012. This book contains more than 60 color photos of Shahnameh’s characters which are performed three-dimensional (very realistic indeed). The size of these photos is 35*25cm. I may add that I’ve been very meticulous about the clothing styles of the Shahnameh’s characters, the tools and utilities that were used back then and also the locations in which stories happened. And I need to add that, my project is the first of its type to be performed in a style other than Iranian traditional drawings and miniatures. This book contains maps for all the lands of Shahnameh’s myths and also an archive of the weapons that were used back then. In fact I had two goals in mind: first, to perform my project based on researches and the facts in hand and second, to perform it in a modern style considering the interest of today’s society. I wish to share some parts of this project with you in near future, although absence of the copy right in Iran might cause some problems.

The work is of central importance in Persian culture, regarded as a literary masterpiece, and definitive of ethno-national cultural identity of Iran. It is also important to the contemporary adherents of Zoroastrianism, in that it traces the historical links between the beginnings of the religion with the death of the last Zoroastrian ruler of Persia during the Muslim conquest.

Front Cover

cover2.jpg

cover2-d1.jpg

cover2-d2.jpg

cover2-d4.jpg

cover2-d3.jpg

Back the Cover

cover1.jpg

cover1d1.jpg

cover1d2.jpg

cover1d3.jpg

Great Job congratulation!

Awesome details! Very cool design :slight_smile: :+1:

Love this! Mughal miniatures and Islamic courtpainting in general is favorite art style of mine - bringing that sensibility into a zbrush bas-relief is awesome to see. More please!

noticing and acknowledging the Persian / Zoroastrian attribution - no doubt the Persian cultural identity carried into and influenced the art of the conquerors as well.

Beautiful work! Love the detail.

Very impressive work! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Excellent work. Hope to see more images and good luck with the book.

Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing this!

Svyat

This is great. Nice flow and detail.

Wow, nice detailed! I hope to see a photo of the printed book soon.
… 2 years for making a book cover… Here, 8 hours, more is too expensive…

wow theres some real passion in this work its just stunning, good luck with the book its cover is really beautiful.:+1:

Gorgeous!

Mostly what I see here at zbrush central is amazing graphic work. This is ART! Time doesn’t necessarily mean talent. However in this case time has unveiled amazing beauty. Way to go.

that is gorgeous, simply breathe taking. Id buy the book just to stare at the cover! How long did it take you too complete?

book cover=3hour
research & illustrating 60 photo in book=2Year

This is EPIC! :+1:

Wow!

Great work ! Great texturing and finish work !!! Grats

Fantastic work ! And your project sounds really interesting.
Congratulation !

SICK!

congratulations!!

Aside from me being bugged by a few shapes being low-rez enough the cavity settings make the polygons obvious, such a nitpick pales before the splendorous awesome beauty of the image! Very very lovely to behold. The Gold Relief style is convincing and feels like the tome of a true epic!