ZBrushCentral

Mortal Kombat, Dominance War V, and more!

Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting my work here at ZBC. There is such an amazing conglomeration of talent on this forum! I would like to share some of my more recent work with the community.

First are a couple of the characters that I worked on for Mortal Kombat 9. Sektor and Cyber Sub-Zero. These sculpts were rendered in Zbrush using Lightcap and BPR passes, textured and comped in Photoshop. Credit goes to Beneto for modeling the MK dragon logo used on the bases.

Next up are some images of the character I made for the Dominance War V. These were also rendered using lightcap and and BPR passes. Comped in PS.

Lastly, some cake decorations! This project was definitely an interesting departure from what I usually do, which was cool.
I was asked to sculpt these plates based off of line art provided by the client. The sculpts were then decimated and printed out, and molds were made from them. One would buy these molds at an arts and crafts store, and fill them with fondant to decorate pastries and such. There were six of these plates total, each with different themes. Here are some examples.

Thanks for looking! Comments are most welcome. I’m hoping to post more often from here on out.

Attachments

IN_DWV_01.jpg

IN_DWV_02.jpg

IN_DWV_03.jpg

IN_Cake_01.jpg

IN_Cake_02.jpg

IN_Cake_03.jpg

IN_Cake_04.jpg

IN_Cake_03.jpg

1IN_Sektor.jpg

2IN_CyberZero.jpg

Welcome to Z Central. Your work is amazing. I love all of it. Great inspiration. Please keep posting your work here for us to enjoy.

Ezra

You should definantly post here more often, love how you have used restraint with the mk characters, really great balance between details and form. no crits here

You modeled the Cyber Sub-Zero?
One of my favorite models of the game, you’re a huge inspiration to me!
I wish i could do some Hard Surface like that.

great work dude! everything looks awesome, nice variety of work. Dwar piece is really dramatic i love it!

looking forward to seeing more!

Yes! just like this guy said. :+1: Nice collection of work. DWar’s pose and composition of the whole piece is my favorite.

Keep it up!

Very nice inspiration!

Nice work!

Here are some more angles of the Cyber Sub Zero sculpt. Thanks for looking!

Ezra - Thanks for the kind words. I will!
hitch - Thanks, I definitely will.
Shepard - Yes I did. That is very kind of you to say, thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed the game!
digitalsmithy - Thanks bro! Im glad you like it!
Beneto - Thanks bud. Love all your new stuff!
logansan25 - Thank you!

Cheers!

Welcome to the ZbrushCentral buddy:)
totally astonishing work on your models, the renders are mindblowing!:+1:
Really love the sculpting aswell, are these models completely made in zbrush, exported out and made a retopo?
Thanks for sharing and glad you joined ZBrushCentral!
All the best and happy sculpting,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

Duan Nai
Yes i did man, still playing it sometimes, my girlfriend likes it too.
But now i would like to see more stuff from you, i’m not sure if you’re aware, but Polycount is doing this huge PDF/Book, with a lot of amazing artists teaching some tutorials, and stuff like that.
Soon they will be casting new artists to the second issue of the PDF, maybe if you have some free time in the future, would be nice to see you in the pages.

Nice post!

MK cyber ninjas are looking sweet and clean! Diggin’ the DW V character as well! Would love to see that guy textured and animated! I’d be interested in his back story and
the significance of the obelisk…:cool:

Hope to see more from you soon!

Looks awesome bro nice work! MK9 was sick, it’s cool that you posted some of the models you made for that. Lookin forward to more stuff from you.