ZBrushCentral

tablet work thread

Hi all,
its been a while. I bit back I purchased an Asus ep121 , It is a really good zbrush concepting machine as it can handle around a million polys and many subtools, you do have to change the way you work a bit (virtual keyboard) but it is a small price to pay to be able to sculpt on the move, All these works were done on the tablet except the snowboarder which is an old model but finally finished it, I will post more works as I find them, so many nearly finished sculpts that need polishing.

Cutlass - zbrush render

concept based on Haro from gundam zbrush model render vray

snowboarder zbrush model - render vray

switchblade - zbrush render

Attachments

cutlass.jpg

harro model.jpg

snow.jpg

switchblade.jpg

Had some fun scupting weapons in zb, these are all done in zb, shaddow box was used for the logo thats imprinted and cut out everywhere,lots of clipping brushes and dam standard and MTB’s awesome cut A brush, and alot of mask and inflate to define different sections comments and crits always welcome

These are awesome! Love the cutlass and the almost Kukuri like knife especially.

nice hard surface models, I always like to see other works than characters in zbrush.

wow, really cool knives.

@immilesaway, santal and Senka

thanks for the comments

here is a vray render of the cutlass and the female model that is on the cutlass that I have been working on, the body still has a way to go, boobs are too large and gravity defying atm and i need to fix up the hands a bit, they are looking a bit to gnarled for the rest of her. comments and critisims welcome

cutlass2.jpg
female body.jpg

Attachments

female face.jpg

female wire.jpg

female face.jpg

managed to fit in some time to update female sculpt, loving fibre mesh, really great to work with, I am occasionally getting single strands exploding to really large sizes when using the smooth brush, anyone know the cause of this? any way, c&c always welcome. also, are there any good threads on using fibre mesh with transpose? struggling to find info
hair test.jpg

Nice looking stuff

I like what you got going on with the top image. The one with the skull and the nude women.
Hard Surface stuff is solid man. Nice job.

best,
R

@ rwilliamr thanks, i really need to put that in a propper scene

Have been having playing with more non character stuff, thought I would do a chesterfield lounge, initial base mesh was done in max, but that was only really to have a grid to line the buttons up with, the rest was inflate, clay tubes for the seams between the buttons, lots of clipping brush and mech cut A (great brush mtb!), need to fix up the studs in this but thats it. Comments and crits always welcome

chesterfield.jpg

really nice artwork in your gallery, really great detailing on that sofa and the knife designs are great aswell!:+1:
keep it going and have fun zbrushing!
All the best,

• Kenny:)

Hi Hitch,

Yeah, just keep at it man.
I agree the sofa do look nice. Makes me want to take a nap haha :slight_smile:

a good day,
R

@Lykos and KC-Production thanks for the kind words.

here is a composit of where i am going with all the elements i have been playing with. I didn’t initally intend for this image to be this way (its a bit of a mash up of an old J.Scott Campbell iamge), was just making bits for fun and wanted to play with fibre mesh zbrush render, think i might go all the way and texture and make a scene out of this. Comments and Crits welcome

pose test.jpg

finally got around to texturing the chesterfield, all polypaint, only ps work was to combine displacement map over the top of the finished colour, Got to try the noise maker plug on this one, was pretty impressive and easy to use. Comments and Crits welcome.
chesterfield fin.jpg

These are looking cool.
:slight_smile:

@ digital_3d thanks.

here is the couch in vray, the grammaphone, curtain and light are stock models, just testing composition and lighting. will make my own models for the rest of the scene eventually, will be more victorian to compliment the couch and the damask

You have some great suff in this thread. I, also, love the knives and the sofa.

Ezra

@ EZRA52 thanks

random doodle. made from a reference image of a turkey.

373900_10151338976973243_1099213644_n.jpg

Finished up on my turkey man doodle deal, added a expose render here to show the parts of it, I think pretty much every subtool was given a once over with qrmesher, am seriously impressed with that piece of kitturkey bust.jpg

Quite a cool character. Any plans on texturing it ?

Hi
No, I don’t really plan on texturing that one, I might buy that marmoset everyone here seems to like and chuck him into that. Here is a material test of the Harro Model I Had a cpu crash and now I can’t seem to find any of the files for this one, think it might be gone which is disappointing.