Thanks very much Nick!
Thanks very much Nick!
Senior Character Artist: Schell Games
CG Society Workshop: Rapid Character Dev for Online Games
plugin all always welcomme and your's look good thanks
The older version works great for me on the Mac but the new ones crash ZBrush on load
I added a few Miscellaneous scripts and I made a new sub-section for the new SubD related scripts. A couple bugs were fixed. A UI issue that caused buttons to overlap and something that was causing the batch rename Set to store incorrectly.
And probably the biggest fix for this update is, thanks to Marcus, it now works on Mac! Go Marcus!
- ExportOptions: This script will toggle the Subtool Export Options, Texture, Merge UV Cords, and Sub Group, for all your Subtools. This is a minor annoyance but with large/many subtools Mrg UVs can be time consuming and has been known to crash Zbrush.
- Undo/Redo All: These buttons will Undo or Redo multiple times on each visible Subtool. How many times the script Undo/Redos is based on the "Amt" slider. This is perfect if you want to Undo actions that happen to all subtools such as Decimation.
- All SubTools to SubD level: this script is the same as it has been in the past however it is now used with the "All Minus" and "All Plus" buttons.
- All Minus/Plus: These buttons will go up or down SubDivision levels for all visible based on the SubD Lvl slider. If the slider is at 3 then pressing "All Minus" will take all your subtools down 3 SubD levels from their current.
- 1-9 buttons: Pressing these will put your SubD level at the number indicated. Ideally these would be hotkeyed for quick SubD level changes.
- H button: Puts the active subtool at the highest SubD level.
Thanks for useful plugin and the new mac update! Work fine on OS X now :-)
Shoot! I forgot to mention a feature!
With the 1 thru 9 buttons. If you mesh doesn't have SubD levels, pressing one of those buttons will divide that many times. So if you press "5" it will be like essentially pressing "Divide" five times.
hope the autosave works ;D
Thanks for sharing your ideas Nick!
But... there is no way at all to place underscore into subtool title instead of copy/paste the right name? It is sooo strange because Remesh operation or making skin from zSpheres places "Skin_" before the name of subtool. And you can't stay consistent with naming convention...
Batch rename works perfect! And I have only two things to ask for Pixologic to do:
allow underscores and
include your plugin with default installation of ZBrush as a "small annoying things fixer" thats all)
Thanks again for useful scripts!
@LoveNpeace: Thanks! Glad it's working for you. I agree! It would be amazing to be included in the plugin package.
Just in time for the holidays. I have made a few new scripts as well as tweaks to others. The biggest addition is probably Smart Dynamesh. An edit to note is that the "AutoMask PG" button is now a toggle. Before you could not tell if AutoMask Polygoups was on or off. Now you can. It shouldn't cause any problems if you have it in your UI.
As Always let me know if you have any problems or have any ideas for new scripts. I realize the menu is getting pretty long. I may add some sub-menus in the future updates.
- TxtrAsignAll: This button will assign the currently selected texture (in the texture menu) to all visible subtools. The subtool must have UVs.
- Checker Toggle: This script will turn on the Checkerboard texture for the current subtool or all subtools if the "All" button is toggled. When the button is toggled off it will turn the checkerboard off or reassign the previous texture. The subtool must have UVs.
- Smart DynaMesh: This script takes the guess work out of getting an acceptable poly density with DynaMesh. No more moving the Dynamesh Resolution slider around and repeatedly undoing to get polygons you want. The script will create a Dynamesh near the "Target Polycount" slider. This is especially useful for hard surfaces that you know you will need a dense mesh.
Use this script instead of initially pressing Dynamesh then just Dynamesh as normal. This script is also great for reducing the polycount of your Dynamesh when the mesh gets too heavy. Reducing the polycount this way has very little detail loss.
- Target Polygoncount: Slider used for the Smart Dynamesh. Number is in Millions.
- Use Backups Folder: If this is enabled all the files created with "Iterate Save" will be put into a new folder called "Backups."
- Info/Help: This button will take you to the plugin's homepage (my website). There you can check for updates or lookup how to use a particular feature.
I couldn't wait! Thank you man!
My Sketchbook - please visit and leave me some C&C to help me immprove myself
I forgot to mention something in the last update.
- Added "Save" feature to the Quick Load. When you press this button it will save over whatever mesh is stored in that Quick Load slot. There is a basic confirmation that will check if the name of your Tool is different than the name of the existing one. Otherwise it will save over the stored mesh without browsing or a popup. Just be careful you don't overwrite something accidentally!
No need to re-download. This is in the latest version. Just forgot to mention it.