Member User Gallery

Default ZBrush and L'Ecorché

ZBrush andLl'Ecorché
    A few years ago I left Blue Sky Studios after 15 great years because I was on a mission to live and work in Paris as much as possible. A few things had to converge to make that happen but the final and most important piece of the puzzle was ZBrush, which gave me the ability to work from anywhere so, I did, and it changed my life.

Now, ZBrush has changed my life again;

I am building what I feel is a groundbreaking anatomy study tool. It's an app called L'Ecorché: Classical Anatomy for Artists, and without ZBrush this app would not be possible.
    Originally developed as a personal reference tool for my courses with anatomy expert Scott Eaton (who, in fact, I met through the Pixologic Educational portal), this application has grown from a simple sculpture for the iPad into a fully-developed application for iPad, iPhone, Mac desktop and eventually Andriod and PC desktop platforms.
    I am currently in the final weeks of finishing the App. I will plan a launch at my booth at Spectrum Live in Kansas City Mo. May 18-20

I'll continue to share my ZBrush sculptures on my website , as well as techniques and time lapse movies on my Vimeo page . I'm always interested in meeting other artists, and sharing a ZBrush connection is like a secret handshake for an exclusive club, and I'm proud to be in the ranks.

I want to thank ZBrush for changing the way I work and the way I live.

For more info please check out

and my company webpage (for the app)
    http://md3dinc.com/

My personal webpage
    http://www.michaeldefeo.com/

my vimeo page
    http://vimeo.com/user3444256/videos

Michael Defeo
    founder
    MD3D inc

NOTE: the first 4 sculpted figure images below are by Scott Eaton, who is over seeing the anitomical accuracy of all the models in the app.

Last edited by mdzb; 03-30-12 at 09:02 AM.

Sir Michael Defeo you are my hero!

Member User Gallery

If I could afford to I would buy an ipad right now in anticipation of this. Sadly, I only have a PC, an Android phone, and "struggling artist" status.

So I guess for me it's a waiting game to see what comes first: the PC version of this app, or I find a way to pay for an ipad, which I've been wanting/needing anyway.

Still, I'm very excited to be able to use this someday, and would be grateful for a rough estimate as to the ETA of the PC version.

It's projects like this and the people behind them that make me feel like being part of this community is truly a special privilege.
    Last edited by SwampGhost; 03-28-12 at 03:58 PM.

Senior Member User Gallery

cant wait no more for this app ...when it will be available?

This is going to be very useful! Great App Idea!

Member User Gallery

HI, the first release will be apple products, soon to be followed by Android and PC desktop. It wont be too long !
    thanks
    MD

Quote Originally Posted by SwampGhost View Post
    If I could afford to I would buy an ipad right now in anticipation of this. Sadly, I only have a PC, an Android phone, and "struggling artist" status.

So I guess for me it's a waiting game to see what comes first: the PC version of this app, or I find a way to pay for an ipad, which I've been wanting/needing anyway.

Still, I'm very excited to be able to use this someday, and would be grateful for a rough estimate as to the ETA of the PC version.

It's projects like this and the people behind them that make me feel like being part of this community is truly a special privilege.

Really, REALLY stoked about this. I saw this when you previewed it here awhile back and have been waiting ever since. I'm gonna have to go with the PC/android version, but I don't mind waiting... just please don't take too long!

Member User Gallery

We will be right on it after the first release!
    MD
    Quote Originally Posted by memania44 View Post
    Really, REALLY stoked about this. I saw this when you previewed it here awhile back and have been waiting ever since. I'm gonna have to go with the PC/android version, but I don't mind waiting... just please don't take too long!

wow!
    can't wait this application

Thanks for the update info on the release date Michael. Really looking forward to it . Best wishes for the launch.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Hi!

I just saw this and think its great! Great anatomy study and skulpt and a great app idea!
    I will buy it for sure I hope to see this on the market soon!

Peace

There are no words to describe this. This material will be invaluable to all artists around the world! Im definitely looking forward to this. If you dont mind me asking, how much will the PC version cost? Thanks

Member User Gallery

Thanks so much.
    WE have not set the price definitively yet, but areound $10.

In fact, I'd like to take a pole. Given that most apps are $1 - $5 would you pay $10 for this app?
    thanks
    MD

Quote Originally Posted by nickolasnm View Post
    There are no words to describe this. This material will be invaluable to all artists around the world! Im definitely looking forward to this. If you dont mind me asking, how much will the PC version cost? Thanks

Sounds great.I can always use more anatomy reference.

Quote Originally Posted by mdzb View Post
    Thanks so much.
    WE have not set the price definitively yet, but areound $10.

In fact, I'd like to take a pole. Given that most apps are $1 - $5 would you pay $10 for this app?
    thanks
    MD
    Sure! Investments in knowledge, references and materials/supplies are always important, and I mean in all aspects of life, not just art. But yeah thats a great price given the level of detail shown in your images.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast