ZBrushCentral

Race For The Globe - Character Diorama (UPDATED with Character Expressions)

Hi there,

Here’s a little diorama I made as part of a personal project I’ve been working on for the last couple of years. I made base meshes in Maya and then did the rest in Zbrush. Render is just a quick BPR, plus alpha lens blur and some gradients in Photoshop.

I have loads more work for the project over on my blog. You can check it out here:

http://nickcarver.blogspot.com

Cheers!

Attachments

3char_diorama.jpg

nice, I like it.

Great sculpt! I’d lose the lens blur, though. It’s distracting and blurs out some details that are so good they need to be shown off. If your sculpt extended out into the background farther I could see a good use for it, but as it stands, you should show your work to its best effect. :smiley:

hey really nice work! :slight_smile:

Awesome style and concept! :+1:

Awesome stuff dude, kind of reminders me of Team fortress 2 a little

Cheers,
ArtViking

these are great nick! …love especially the big robot guy!

following your blog too … the artbook will be awesome!

Great!!!:+1:

Love your sculpt really clean and love the idea, great stuff, be great in colour too.

These models are great, I love the character design and the cleanliness of the shapes!

They reminds Team Fortress 2, but with an interesting twist!

I hope you will texture and render them properly!

Hi Nick,

Glad I discovered (if late) this thread and your awesome blog.

Really like your work and style!!! Hope to see much more.

(Interesting how yet another great artist is influenced by Miyazaki)

Thanks for all the kind words!

voodoodad: I agree that the lens blur is a little cheap. I just threw it together in Photoshop. I’ll do a more accurate depth blur when I render the diorama properly.

Here’s a sculpt of Cairne Bloodhoof that I did on the Artists’ Stage at Blizzcon last year. It was auctioned of during the event and the winner received a 3d print of the bust:

nice characters. I don’t mind the lens blur on the previous piece I think it makes you focus on the foreground characters

Really great models!!! Loved the hair(and everything else of course) of this last one. :+1:

Cairn is spot on! Wonderful bust!

Very cool models! Thanks for sharing!

Peace-NickZ. :slight_smile:

Love these Race for the Globe characters they remind me a little of that disney movie Atlantis. Voodoodad might be right though not sure the lens blur is working. Your blog is deadly as well will be checking in on it a lot.

great appeal your Race for the Globe´s characters! but your blog is even better!! are you crazy??you are creating a amazing shortfilm by your self…modeling, layout,…and rigging and animation?? john lasseter´ll want to talk with you, and not the only one, thats for sure. good luck and dont give up!

Great work as always man. The characters from your stories look great. I think you need to print that for sure! Keep up the amazing.

Very nice