Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Popeye the Sailor is a cartoon fictional character created by Elzie Crisler Segar,[1] who has appeared in comic strips and animated cartoons in the cinema as well as on television. He first appeared in the daily King Features comic strip Thimble Theatre on January 17, 1929. Popeye also became the strip's title in later years.

Although Segar's Thimble Theatre strip was in its tenth year when Popeye made his debut in 1929, the sailor quickly became the main focus of the strip and Thimble Theatre became one of King Features' most popular properties during the 1930s. Thimble Theatre was continued after Segar's death in 1938 by several writers and artists, most notably Segar's assistant Bud Sagendorf. The strip, now titled Popeye, continues to appear in first-run installments in its Sunday edition, written and drawn by Hy Eisman. The daily strips are reprints of old Sagendorf stories.

In 1933, Max and Dave Fleischer's Fleischer Studios adapted the Thimble Theatre characters into a series of Popeye the Sailor theatrical cartoon shorts for Paramount Pictures. These cartoons proved to be among the most popular of the 1930s, and the Fleischers***8212;and later Paramount's own Famous Studios***8212;continued production through 1957. The cartoons are now owned by Turner Entertainment, a subsidiary of Time Warner, and distributed by sister company Warner Bros. Entertainment.

Over the years, Popeye has also appeared in comic books, television cartoons, arcade and video games, hundreds of advertisements and peripheral products, and a 1980 live-action film directed by Robert Altman starring comedian Robin Williams as Popeye.

Wikipedia.

Some images for the tattoos are from google images.

great take on popeye patokali !!!
    " crits n comments always welcome ! "

" im not half as dumb as i think you look !! "

Thank you very much! Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Komar View Post
    great take on popeye patokali !!!

New Member Follow User Gallery

hi mate nice work. but why are leaving this massive gap between the edge of the screen and the image i have a 22inch screen and most of the images are cut off.
    Last edited by krygon31; 10-31-12 at 05:45 AM.

Hello, because i center the image...Thanks for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by krygon31 View Post
    hi mate nice work. but why are leaving this massive gap between the edge of the screen and the image i have a 22inch screen and most of the images are cut off.

Very nic model, very good pose.
    would love to see him in action.

i really enjoyed that old black an white stories with him, when some hooror movie killer was killing of his friends

Thank you! I read Excalibur, and he is there with other superheroes, he has a great appearance in this comic and catch my attention that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Rupert View Post
    Very nic model, very good pose.
    would love to see him in action.

i really enjoyed that old black an white stories with him, when some hooror movie killer was killing of his friends

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141521 ... LastLast