Member User Gallery

Default Hi, first post, please be gentle.

Hello there, you incredible, talented people.

I've been lurking here for a long time and am continually astounded by what you guys create. I absolutely love zbrush, but its just a hobby for me and for way too long I was stuck with an outdated mac that couldn't handle anything above version 2, so my efforts were erm... limited. When that finally gave up the ghost and went to silicon heaven, I switched to a new pc and am amazed at what is achievable in the latest version of zbrush.

I'm not technically minded at all, but I find the sculpting and painting aspects of zbrush really intuitive and easy to use. Anything beyond that is where I get totally baffled. I've reached a stage now where I'd like to have a go at taking the characters I've made into a different programme, and have a go at animating them, but my lack of even basic knowledge is stopping me. So any help or advice would be more than gratefully received.

Anyway, here are some WIPs. None of them are finished or even posed yet but I thought I should put something here for you to look at. Hope you like. They're characters from my latest book.

The first is a Punchinello Guard, next is a Bogey Boy, then a Doggy Long Legs

Thanks for looking!

Senior Member User Gallery

You've been lurking since version 2? Good heavens :-)

Love the fine details on Mr Punch's hat particularly. Nice post and far better than my first post.

To bring your characters to life for stills try posing with Transpose Master using a zsphere rig. It's a joy to use and not in the least bit technically intimidating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li4Q4XlkPlE
    Last edited by boozy floozie; 03-20-12 at 09:18 AM.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Member User Gallery

Thanks for the kind reply - and the great advice! I just haven't gotten around to even looking at the Transpose Master yet but I'll definitely give it a go

Here's the rest of the Punch character, he's in desperate need of posing so I'll have a good old tinker.

At the moment I'm puzzled as to what to do with this mouse character. She needs fur and hair. I've tried the Fibremesh here but I can't get it mousey enough, it'd be great for some rat characters but isn't what I need for this one. I've tried exporting it to Maya to try their fur set up but what turns up there looks like she's been hit with a hammer. I'm a total noob at that so am undoubtedly doing everything wrong.

Member User Gallery

okay, I think I've worked out how to get some nice mousey fur with the fibres here. I've tried to pose using the rigging method but it won't let me for some reason, so I've just used transpose.

Here's that mouse again, and a few of her acquaintances.

Member User Gallery

Nice characters, especially the second with the nice white skin on the face.

Maybe, you can use a floor for your rendering and create some cool shadows !

Member User Gallery

Thanks for the kind words. I'm actually going to place the characters into situations and against backgrounds when I've finished them all. Here's a sewer set I made in zbrush.

Cool, it must be rat day here on ZBC

Member User Gallery

Apparently you're never more than ten foot away from a rat, so I reckon there's plenty more lurking in ZBC somewhere

Your rat looks terrific, incidentally. You can almost see its nose twitching.

Member User Gallery

Just a quick update here. I put together a little video for youtube using the characters I created in zbrush. Here are some of the finished models.

Member User Gallery

Default Random jottings of a mousey kind

here's a few more...

This is some really nice stuff, great job!

Member User Gallery

Thanks! I was wondering what people here thought of it.

Member User Gallery

Default Rats!

Just a few more and here's the video. http://youtu.be/DffwEwGC63I

Its all done with zbrush, Photoshop and After Effects. I'd love to animate the characters properly eventually but I can't get my head around displacement maps etc at the moment.

Goodness man, this stuff is AWESOME !!! You sir have a gift !!! Great work, I love it !!!

Cheers
    Ren
    Available for Freelance and Full Time Work
    ren.miranda7@yahoo.com
    +91 99-1083-0377

Member User Gallery

Thanks Ren. I just love using zbrush.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast