ZBrushCentral

sommerlied sketchbook

Hello everyone!

I’m new to ZBrush and new to this forum :slight_smile:

My copy of ZBrush has just arrived and I started to play around with it. I haven’t done 3D before, so there’s still plenty for me to learn. Honest feedback on any of my work would be very appreciated. :slight_smile: I’m here to show some of the stuff I do, have fun, connect to other people and to improve and learn.

Here’s the first image I did. I made it for the gnomon forums contest february 2012. The topic was “Portrait of a warrior”. I modeled and rendered it completely in ZBrush, then made some final adjustments and painted the background in Photoshop.

If you’re interested, there’s a WIP thread for this on the gnomon forums: http://forums.thegnomonworkshop.com/showthread.php?t=5149

I also had a lot of fun with practicing polypaint :smiley:

… and tried to render this in maya, with a pink background:

Then I watched a lot of ZClassroom videos, and with more knowledge am currently working on this one:

Thank you very much!

Attachments

portraitOfAWarrior.jpg

wip1.jpg

2012.02.26...23.jpg

I like the insect ? colour test very nice. There are some great zbrush training videos from eat 3D which I found helpfull when I first stared using zbrush.

@sculptntoo thank you very much for your advice! :slight_smile:

Here’s what I made today. Everyone seems to be sculpting aliens so I thought I give it a try too. Used alphas and spotlight for the first time.
frontside.jpg

I’d love to put this into an environment. Maybe like this:
image3.jpg

thanks for viewing! :slight_smile:

First of all - Welcome to ZBrushCentral! Nice to have you here!
It’s great that you have started sculpting and you are on a great way!
Looking pretty cool already, definently needs some anatomy practice, but just be motivated and never stop sculpting!
Looking forward to your progress and I will keep an eye on your sketchbook!
All the best and happy sculpting,

• Kenny

Liebe Grüße nach Stuttgart^^

@KC-Production thank you very much for your kind words! You’re definitely right about my anatomy. I’m doing my best to practice a looot more! :slight_smile:

Here is what I am having fun with right now:

toto1.jpg

renderTest1small.jpg

The scene is a first test render of what I’m trying to achieve. I want to add a second character & a lot more details & different lights.
Thanks for viewing :slight_smile:

Here’s an update on my work in progress:
I started sculpting the second character for the picture above. I’m having a hard time getting the anatomy right for this pose, thus I’d be happy for any suggestions. :slight_smile:
character2wip.jpg

Aside from that, I did another sculpt today. I feel I’m getting faster and don’t need to think as much about all the technical details anymore, yay :smiley:
I still consider this a work in progress, since I’m not content with the texture yet. It’s for this months gnomon forums event, “space helmet”.
wip1.jpgwax.jpg
thanks everyone :slight_smile: