ZBrushCentral

Daydream

Hello everyone,
I am sharing with you my latest project which is also by far the most challenging I’ve ever taken up. It took me around a month from start to finish. I was aiming to create this portrait as realistic as I possibly can.
I modelled it in 3dsMax, sculpted in Zbrush, textured in Bodypaint and Photoshop, rendered with Vray, and the hair is created and rendered using Hairfarm. I wanted to do this properly, so there is no overpainting involved whatsoever.

I sincerely hope you enjoy it and I would love to hear your comments!

Attachments

Render1_cgtalk2.jpg

Simply beautiful…

Nice image. Something about her right shoulder and breast area bother me for some reason. Something seems off. Maybe the breasts are too low and centered, or something. Not sure. Overall, it came out well.

yes, as webhead has pointed out already, the breasts look off, and i think the reason is, the peaks and centerline with middle of collarbone do not form two 45degree angles as they should. in other words, they need to point outwards (not forward as they do in your image)…

other than that, i am really fond of your image, it is great ! the mood, the colors, the structure of face, all simply beautiful, and the texture job is great too, no superfluous detail, but everything we need to see to make it believable… and, the hair is supernice too. great job !

Awesome! :slight_smile: very well done…keep it up! :slight_smile:

Thanks, guys. I see what you’re saying.

Actually, the right shoulder is raised up, which makes it look like that. Since the other shoulder is hidden by the hair, I guess that makes it harder to see.

Here’s a screenshot from Max, without the hair, which shows the posture:

NoHair.jpg

Wonderful hair!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

beautiful work really nice .
I do most of my renders with mental ray .
I have to try vray . your results look awesome .
Really stunning results man :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I don’t know. Maybe, the right shoulder is too far up and over to the right, and the left shoulder looks too small. I tried to see if I could correct what was bothering me, but I’m still not sure. It’s probably just me. Never mind. LOL It’s a very nice piece regardless! :+1:

Beautiful piece of work, hair is spot on !!!

Beautiful work … great job! :+1:

I feel the head is too big for the body,other than that its a really good work

Cheers

renju

Beautiful work :+1:
I would decrease head size, this is why something looks off

A very good piece you have here, the pose, textures, light, all works!! The hair is amazing!!

But I agree with Webhead, something is off. Maybe, the right breast should rise with shoulder.

Thanks, guys.
She actually has a very slender figure and narrow shoulders in real life. I think the size of the head is correct, but let me support that with a photo (made by a friend, who is a brilliant photographer, Dragan Goranov).

mila3_cropped.jpg

Perhaps we’re really used to seeing textbook anatomy all the time, I don’t know. I can understand and see what you mean, but the model is matched to photos and measured to real world scale. Let me know if you still think it’s off.

@pygmalion I think mental ray is really good as well. I suggest you try the modified skin shader by Tony Reynolds (I haven’t tried it yet but it looks awesome). I’ve been using mental ray for the last couple of years, but for this project I wanted to explore the new Vray SSS2, which I read Luc Bégin say it’s much better than mental ray (and we all know that he definitely knows his rendering) but I can’t really judge for myself yet… I need to use it more :slight_smile: