ZBrushCentral

Does Any One Care?

I’ve made a couple threads over a question. Once I put the thread in the wrong section, even pointed this out to mods. in request to move it to the proper place, and they haven’t done so. The thread’s been up for days, it’s not like time hasn’t been given. …I tried reposting on the matter else where in the forum, the right area of the forum and …no one cares. Just some views, no replies.

Simple stuff I’m sure to experienced users. …Does any one care what I say in this forum? Does this place work on social clicks and since I’m not in one I don’t matter? :cry:

nope.

I do.

Hey Systemcat, I believe I’ve talked to you before on the Lost Marble forum for Anime Studio. This forum is different in that it’s full of really busy artists who spend most of their time creating than reading threads. In fact, the vast majority of posts are people sharing their work. This is a really complex piece of software and I’ve been only using it for about a year and a half myself so there’s a lot I still need to learn but if I can answer your question, I will. You need to be more specific on what you’re trying to accomplish. Maybe provide a link to the video you mention in your thread.

Maybe you could put a link to the previous posts or explain your problem again so you don’t make an useless thread in here :s

Alright Systemcat, I think I found the problem. In the video, he glosses over the one step of making an adaptive skin. When you’ve got your z spheres the way you want, you click on the create adaptive skin button. A new tool will appear in the tool palette with the name like skin_dog mannequin. Select this tool and use it for your remesh and project all steps.

silvaticus: Thank you :D.

jonbo64: Wow, I’m not used to encountering the same people across the net :D. Sorry that I don’t remember you :o. Shame on how this forum acts. I only post in places like this when I need learning support over software. The Lost Mable forum has been nice to me every time I’ve needed it. You haven’t seen me lately for lack of 2D animation work needed. (I need voice actors). …What I think I need with Z-Brush are screenshot by screenshot tutorials for some of it’s workings. Mannequin skinning is what’s driving me wild right now. Every time I think I know what I’m doing I F it up. If you could make tutorials, I’d be extremely grateful.
This is the video I keep messing up with: http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/lesson/zspheres/
&
Sorry mate, that sounds clear but I still messed up. Didn’t get that new tool.

Also to no user in particular. I don’t reply to trolls. I’d like to think we’re all adults here looking to help one another out

Here’s a demo on what I mean. Let me know if this helps.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53649091/zsphereskin.wmv

That looked like a great detailed tutorial and I’m going to try doing those steps later. (I’ve been really busy today do to a massive event coming Tuesday. That will effect my computer time. In short, surgery). You should post that video on YouTube, I’m sure other users like me will be able to use it. You gave a lot of information but made it easy to follow which I’m extremely grateful for. Those are the factors I like best in tutorials. If you know any thing about boning & rigging in Daz Studio Pro 4, that would be of an immense help to me too. I’m sure you and every digital artist out there by this point has heard of Daz3D’s latest promotion (explaining how I got it).

Thanks, I tried to upload it to Youtube, but it kept failing to upload. Don’t know why. Yeah, I just picked up DAZ 4 too, Haven’t had time to really learn it yet. I’m just starting to find my way around Poser Pro 2012, so it might be a while till I get to that. Glad you found the video helpful.:smiley:

Welcome :D. I put into practice the first part of what you said and discovered it working. …This might sound like a dumb question but you know I’m new to this. Can a skin layer be bonded to the Z sphere mannequin beneath it? See the goal I’m working towards is customizing,skinning, then customizing the skin, and animating the mannequin moving around. So far I can do steps 1 & 2, if I can’t bind the skin it throws my idea out the door. But I’m certain it can be done. (Says the lady who has only had binding layer success with Anime Studio). I don’t know Poser, wish I did though. I got Z-Brush thanks to the Pixologic staff being very kind to me over permanent financial situation.

Don’t know why YouTube wouldn’t let you upload the video. The only factors that ring to mind are either your internet connection is slow or your account isn’t enabled to have videos uploaded to it that runs past 10 minutes.

Yes you can bind the skin to a z sphere rig, its in the z sketch palette, but animating it isn’t really what z brush does well. I’ve seen threads on animating in zbrush, but they seem complicated. I believe most folks use another app to do this. I have made models in zbrush, then imported it into Poser to rig with bones, then used Anime Studio Pro 7 and 8 to animate it. There is a plugin called Transpose Master that might do some of what you want to do.

Ok, you’re well aware of the fact I have Anime Studio and since last posting in that forum I’ve upgraded to 8 but it’s Debut. Is the Transpose Master, that program or Z-Brush? I know I can transfer my models over to Daz Studio Pro 4 but I don’t know boning & rigging yet in that program. Support by phone realizes they haven’t covered the subject well in tutorials text & video. And people in that forum that know the software treat the idea like you need a degree to understand it. That’s why I got hopeful about you possibly making another tutorial, but I bet Poser is cool so I understand wanting to learn that first. The shame is Daz Studio Pro 4 looks easy to use. To give you an idea, I like it’s interface much better than Blender’s which I can barely wrap my head around.

Transpose Master is a plugin for Zbrush. If you do a search on Youtube for it, you can see it in action. I looked at Daz last night, and it seems more complicated than Poser. If I get some time, I’ll look at it again and get back to you.