ZBrushCentral

SID's WIP's/Sketchbook

Hello,
It’s been a long time…I’m not sure if i’ll be posting regularly or not but i sure do hope so…I’ve been sculpting for quite some time now and it would be nice to have another pair of eyes besides mine to critique my work. I hope you like my WIP’s :slight_smile:

Attachments

3 Heads.jpg

DCH 1.jpg

shiekh.jpg

shiekh2.jpg

020.jpg

0200.jpg

MAd Skills. I love your handling of hair. sculpting hair like tat isn’t easy.
I wish the top char had something down with his ears. maybe if you cont. with the model use them too add some extra character to him. make them saggy or something. say something about his age. its all good though.
I hope to see a completed poly painted and materialized ver. of yer fish char. especially if you add alot of different textures and feels. like an iridescent look. something i am actually trying to figure out how to do there now. if i come across something. i pass it along

Keep postin too if ya can make the time :smiley:

Del

Thank you Del :smiley: Concerning the 1st character I polypainted him and worked on his ear and skin a bit…didnt post him yet because i thought i should wrap my head around the BPR render and the SSS material in Zbrush 1st. I had fun sculpting him and his brothers. I’ll post updates when i can soon.

As of my fish Character, I sure hope so, I just started to polypaint him, i agree with you about the look, I sketched out different ideas today, and looked at several refrences, not there quite yet…If you do come across something that’ll be great i’ll apreciate it very much same goes with me if i come up with something i’ll pass it along too :D.

I’m making time for my sculpts these days so wish me luck :smiley:

I was testing SSS and some BPR passes and comped them into Photoshop. i think i’ll go for a wet fishy look…
i’ll paint in some textures and see what i’ll get myself into.
BPRsssTest01.jpg
TestRenderComp02.jpg

Attachments

BPRsssTest.jpg

A little update on my Arab characters I’ll be sculpting their ears to wrap them up but for now here’s a little polypainting update.

I’ve used my passes in Photoshop to texture him in order to search for a wet fishy look…
still experimenting.

Mad Skills Man! all of them turned out top notch! i do like the final render of the fish guy the most. the added effect of the scales really bring out the aquatic feel. Really Awesome!!

I’m glad you like him :smiley: thank you very much
I was hoping that look would be fine for him, i was a little not sure about it…His right arm is where i can feel it the most though so i was thinking maybe wiith a few tweeks, some more polypainting and ofcourse a good pose and a background he might be heading somewhere :slight_smile:

I had crappy internet the last few days and wasn’t able to post so forgive me for the delay. hopefully i’ll be posting updates soon.

I had some fun making her…her dress was based on an 18th century german dress…I thought she would be a good practice for a game model later …
hope you guies like it :slight_smile:

Great work, my friend! More! :slight_smile:

:D:Dheeeeeeeey!!..how’s it going buddy?..
Thank you so much man I’m glad you like my work :smiley:
I’ll be adding more updates soon :slight_smile:

I thought I’d take a stab at hard surface modeling…I made this in my spare time…i used one of my previous
sculpts as a basis for building this armor…there is more work to be done but i figured i show my progress anyway…
hope you guies like it …i’ll post more soon ISA.

Pieces I’ve built so far…
ZBrush ScreenGrab0.jpg

Character strips of it as a whole…with and without a tail which i was thinking would be cool…still didnt decide yet…

nice armor, short legs

Thank you Mathew, yes the legs are short, or to be more accurate they appear short …that’s because it’s short on the dynamesh concept mesh on the right… and the size of the Alien’s head on the left…

His head is long and i thought it looked cool at the time…so i did not change the proportions on the legs to compensate i thought it suits him…
As of now while I’m working on this armor…I am takeng another look at his proportions…hopefully when it’s finished it’ll be fine.

I’m glad you like the armor man :slight_smile:

ZBrush ScreenGrab02.jpg
ZBrush ScreenGrab03.jpg

I’ve worked on the thighs and the Shins…going to work on the rest now…
ZBrush ScreenGrab04.jpgZBrush ScreenGrab05.jpg

And here’s the lower leg…

ZBrush ScreenGrab06.jpgZBrush ScreenGrab07.jpg

Small update…had to finish a few things…worked on him just for a couple of hours…

I think when i’m done with the pieces i’ll take another look at the materials & colors…maybe experiment a bit …
ZBrush ScreenGrab01.jpgZBrush ScreenGrab02.jpg

looking pretty good … thx for sharing SIdiMenTion :slight_smile:

Thank You for commenting boeserWolf, Glad you like it man :slight_smile:

ZBrush ScreenGrab03.jpgZBrush ScreenGrab04.jpg
I think i’ll be working later on the arms…Not sure about the wires though…might change…i think i’ll stop working on it
and make a couple of doodles to change things a bit and then go back to it with a fresh look

Hello, I was Oil Painting and I stopped sculpting for a while…

I started this one yesterday and worked on it from 11-3 today…this will take some time but for practice and learning purposes I’m taking my time with her…
this sculpt is completely asymmetrical, I used no symmetry…I thought I’d start practicing in a more traditional way…nomore overthinking or sweating over the rules, just plain and simple “do it until it looks right.”

I’ll be posting another update whenever I have the time.

SusanGesture.jpg