ZBrushCentral

Figure sculpting sketchbook

Hi all,

I’m in the final year of my study “game architecture and design” in the final year you basically choose and plan your own topic.
I chose figure sculpting, the first weeks I will focus on anatomy(skeleton, muscles, fat, skin attachment points and sking).
Then I will create many full figures. After that I will focus on faces(old youg etc) and finally I will work on poses and 3 final characters.

Here I will dump everything I create over the following year, hope you enjoy!

a first daily sculpt.

Attachments

zbrush-face-sculpt.jpg

This should help you get more views and comments: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?161045-How-to-Post-Images-at-ZBrushCentral

so the skeleton for my anatomy studie. It is alsmost finished, any comments are greatly appreciated, I have been looking at it for too long :wink:
skeleton-3d.jpg

and a daily sculpt
zbrush-head-sculpt.JPG

nice anatomy and work on the skeleton :slight_smile:

new quick sculptzbrush-bust.jpg

skeleton-update.JPG
Update anatomy study.

Hey really nice work in here :slight_smile: Im working on a skeleton myself, just started it so i havnt got far yet. Great work on yours, will you add the muscles on top of it as well? Nice work on the faces as well !

thanks

Yeah Im gonna do the muscles, fat, skin attachment points and skin on top of this.

Gonna see “bodies”(museum of real skeletons and anatomy) on tuesday to check if i made any big mistakes on this skeleton after which I will start with the muscles.
THis project is supposed to be finished in 5 weeks.

started on the muscles, harder than I thought, so many muscles :stuck_out_tongue:
anatomy-studyUpdate02.JPG

very very impressive!

thanks man!

a quick sketch to relax my mind a little from the whole anatomy study :stuck_out_tongue:

daily-sculpt.jpg

It really is impressive how fast you are improving mate! I really have to catch up^^
The anatomy is getting better and better! Keep up the good work
All the best and happy sculpting,

• Kenny:)

thanks man!

Gonna run through all the anatomy tomorrow with my teacher.
here is another sketch;

hoofd.jpg

update, gonna start with the skin now.

If somebody sees something that is incorrect please let me know :slight_smile:

started on the skin. A very early sketch;

anatomie-skin.JPG

Noticed a lot of proportion and flow problems when trying to literally scupt over the muscles I created earlier. So i decided to fix the muscles and skeletons afterword to fit his skin instead…

anatomy-skin-update.JPG

update, tried to get a little bit more balance and better proportions in there

gonna do “small” studies of different poses and body types during the next 10 weeks.
Meanwhile trying to finish my anatomy figure.

studie-zbrush-sculpt.jpg

The arms and lats, seratus looking good, the deltoids need to wrap to the rear more and pecs overlapping the neck. I did a similar study in clay a while ago, so these are the things that stood out when I looked at your study ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9loEonQ1Lo )

thanks man,

when I find the motivation I will adjust it. Always wanted to try clay sculpting, how do you get started with that(where to buy materials for example?).

anyway here is a new study;

anatomie-studie2.jpg

Looking good mate. I like all the muscle intersections in this one. I used Chavant NSP medium, its a good all round clay to work with, but its hard to work in small scale as the clay is quiet soft and sticky. I started off with cheap air drying water based clay, but with oil based clay like Chavant, you can reuse it over and over again just by melting it.