ZBrushCentral

Software

Why is pixologic software so expensive?

Well Sculptris is free. As for the price of ZBrush, while it does cost several hundred dollars, since I purchased it at version 2 there have been many updates, and all free.

Actually it’s very reasonable. Even more so since they’ve been giving free updates. Try looking at other products in the 3d industry.

modo: $1,000
Renderman: $3,500
Lightwave: $1,495
Maya: $3,495
3DS Max: $3,495
VRAY: ~$1000
etc…

There are some free options as well. It’s the tools of the industry, which they do pay for themselves if you do it professionally. Just like any other industry. If it’s just a hobby you still have cheaper options out there. It’s just a matter of deciding between what you want vs what you actually need and can afford, whether you’re a hobbyist or pro.

Still for someone who can’t find a job for seven years now and whose income is hardly 10 dolars a month that’s really a lot of money. And a major artistic block, oh well guess I have to be content with what I have. If I had skill I would make my own software but I don’t, unless I collect every bit of information on programing and start learning pronto.

Perhaps you should find another line of work?

None are available…

No offense but I think it’s your attitude. It’s starting to show in this thread.

These tools are part of the industry. A mechanic with no tools is no mechanic at all. If you can’t get the tools you need to look into doing something else as you’re just wasting your own time. There are free alternative software options out there. They may or may not be capable of doing what you need, but they are available. At minimum you should start there. Once you start getting steady work then you can start looking into additional tools like Zbrush. A defeatist will get nowhere fast.

If you think zbrush is expensive, take a look at 3D studio Max, or Cinema 4d, and then reconsider the price of zbrush.

Thank you ladies and gentleman I’ve got the point, no further comments are necessary… no offense please.