ZBrushCentral

Scott Robinson - Sketchbook 2

Hello Zbrush Central :smiley:

Here is a selction of work I did for various clients.
The weapons are from a game called Hedone, currently in production at Acony Games.
Dotted around will be various other pieces I have worked on in the last year or so.

I am a freelance 3D artsit so please feel free to check out my website and contact me
info@scottrobinson3d.com
http://www.scottrobinson3d.com

Attachments

blackp90.jpg

scott_robinson_emp_bomb.jpg

scott_robinson_biker_punk.jpg

scott_robinson_female_punk.jpg

scott_robinson_hksl9.jpg

scott_robinson_krisssuperv.jpg

scott_robinson_dragon_final.jpg

scott_robinson_special_forces.jpg

scott_robinson_tooth_fairy01.jpg

scott_robinson_tooth_fairy02.jpg

Really nice stuff, I enjoyed it

Scott_Robinson_asian_lady2.jpg

Framedworld - Thank you

Here is another piece I did today

Great works! :+1:

Hey Scott, long time no text :slight_smile: sweet stuff - love the weapons - cheers!

Thereā€™s some really amazing stuff in here. Good job! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks Guys,

Feels good to be home again after a few years away. Feels even better to hear form my old buddy Etcher, really great news that you are still around on ZB central. Really look forward to some crits and tips from you and everyone else here.

There are a lot of new faces :), lots of new names to learn but I still see some familar names which is nice.

Phenomenal work. Thank you for sharing!

Welcome back, great start on your new thread :+1: :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, itā€™s nice to see some old and new names.

Here is a new piece I have been working on. I really hope you like it. I am still getting to grips with the fibers in ZB but they are really good fun.Hispanic_Female_Scott_Robinson.jpg

Hi Scott,

Really nice render. I do like it a lot. However, I just had a question. Did you render it all in zbrush? Do you have some subsurface working on her? How did you work the shaders for her skin? I ask this because I feel her skin needs a bit more of flesh feeling. Nevertheless, great work Scott.

Hey aurfax

Thanks for your feedback, very helpful. Yes she was made entirely in Zbrush. I believe I used Maya to close the base of her neck up on the Sub D 1 model. I could have done the in Zbrush but the ā€˜close holesā€™ function adds Triā€™s. I do agree totally with you on the SSS. I had some issues with it. It is rendered out but I think I will have to have another go because the hair came through on the SSS pass. I need to do another pass on her.

After I did the BPR layers I took her into photoshop and composted the image you see. I added a photo filter to add some warmth oh and a vignette backdrop. Thatā€™s it really. BPR and Fibers are really starting to remove the need to work in a 3rd party program, for me it is great and I have only just started to learn about the new features :).

Okay so this week I have been working on a concept for a character who is wearing a suit of heavy armour.

It is still very much work in progress but I thought I would share it will everyone to see if anyone can offer feedback.

The skin shader is not finished and neither it the texturing.

Oh and I forgot to mention EVERYTHING is done in Zbrush, appart from the text which is done in Photoshop :smiley:

scott_robinson_enviro_suit.jpg

You didnā€™t sculpt the text!? :laughing:

Looking really good, very clean :):+1:

Hey Scott, he is looking pretty good. My only crit would be his boots. I canā€™t really say what it is, may be they look soft or that their design is not that strong. I probably would rethink that area again. However, overall good job. Hope this comment helps. Take care Scott.

i have to agree, the design of the boots particularly the piece that sits on top of the foot, is a little off compared to the rest of the suit. It looks like he wouldnt be able to flex his foot very much.

Hey Guys.

The last few weeks have been a lot of fun beta testing and here is the image I made for Pixologic. Would like to say a massive thanks to the team for bringing us once again a world first in innovative. These images are created 98% in Zbrush. Not much photoshop (no paintover or compositing) and the cape was done in Maya. Hope you like them.

final-2.jpg

Here are some images with no materials assigned, just a greyMatCaprender_37.jpgrender_36.jpgrender_35.jpgrender_34.jpg

This was my entry for the Halloween Challenge on ZB Central. Was a ton of fun to make. Not many responses to the last thing I posted. Can anyone suggest where I went wrong? Thanks in advance :smiley:

Scott_Robinson_Halloween_overslept2.jpg

The monster, though not very practical looking design wise, is still interesting, and likable enough. I think the problem is that, the image is a bit confusing. Why does the monster have a hat on? Is he about to head out? If he overslept, why isnā€™t he leaping out of bed? What exactly is the suitcase about? Or, is it a briefcase? Is it what he brings with him to work? Do monsters usually bring suitcases/briefcases with them when they go out terrorizing people? Why are monsters coming out of the suitcase? What is written on the suitcase? Is it ā€œTo Hell, or Bust?ā€ Why does the page of the calendar with Oct 31st, which is hard to read at that angle, look so different than the Nov 1st page? One page is square, and the other page is rectangular. Are they from different calendars? If so, why? I think the concept needs to be made a little clearer to the audience. I hope that is helpful.