Senior Member User Gallery

• Scottleroc, I am very sorry if you thought my comments/questions were meant as some kind of affront, or that I was trolling. They were not meant that way at all. They were legitimate questions that came to my mind when I saw your image. If you look at other comments I've made in these forums, you would see, that I am always quick to welcome new people to ZBC, that I often compliment people's work, and that I try to offer constructive criticism where I personally feel it's needed. In fact, the main reason I even said anything was because it appeared to me that you had asked for advice, and it was slow in coming. I felt bad that you seemed to be dangling in the wind. I honestly thought I was being helpful. Getting constructive criticism in these forums is not only useful, but it's also expected.
      When I was in art school, one of my teachers would ask me pointed questions about my work all the time. He would be also be extremely blunt when making comments. Rather than taking it personally, I looked closer at my work, and I made improvements. I also appreciated that he did not mean it personally, and that he was sincerely trying to help me to become a better artist. I improved as an artist because of that teacher, more than any other teacher I had, and I have kept in touch with him, seeking his advise on my work years after leaving school. Don't leave ZBC on my account. I will try not to comment on your work ever again if it bothers you that much, okay?

Last edited by Webhead; 11-07-12 at 06:24 AM.
    "We are living on this planet as if we had another one to go to." - unknown

Cool character in post #19. Too bad if you leave, I know the feeling when you notice that lots of people have looked but not commented.
    It was not the teacher that did the work. It was you, by wanting to do it. To keep at it because it's a driving force. Carry on.

I think my next piece will be maybe wolverine in heavy armour saving a kid from evil half naked zombie women with big tits and robot monkeys - would be more the kind of thing that would get you noticed on cg forums these days.

Quote Originally Posted by scottleroc View Post
    I think my next piece will be maybe wolverine in heavy armour saving a kid from evil half naked zombie women with big tits and robot monkeys - would be more the kind of thing that would get you noticed on cg forums these days.
    I'm sorry, but It's very obvious from your last comment that you are not yet mature enough to handle criticism. The critique that bothered you so much was not about the subject matter at all. Neither was it about your skill as a modeler. It was just about the design elements, and the composition. Also, an apology was made by the person who offended you. Instead of graciously accepting that apology, and moving forward, you decide instead to insult the sophistication of everyone else on ZBrush Central. Now who's being hurtful?
    There are plenty of works on here besides big-breasted woman, or superheroes that get plenty of attention. There are tons of monsters on here that are also popular as well.
    We all appreciate how much time and effort you put into your work. Great effort doesn't guarantee success, or perfection. Look at Romney, who you mentioned earlier. isn't it possible that you still have room for improvement? Doesn't just about everybody? As was mentioned, if you don't want to know the answers, then don't ask the questions. If you only want praise, and can't handle any criticism at all, then, maybe you are right, you shouldn't post your work here anymore. Your loss.
    "An artist never really finishes his work, he merely abandons it."
    Paul Valery

and another troll joins in how predictable

Oh you are right about the monsters damn should have included them

wolverine in heavy armour saving a kid from evil half naked zombie women with big tits and robot monkeys.... wait for it... whilst the hulk fights of a Vampire Shark ...............WIN!!!!!!!!!!

As for the old 'you're not mature enough to take criticism...' I haven't actually seen any valuable criticism yet just meaningless typical forum trolling.

Anyway hopefully admin will delete this thread soon and then I am done here. 5 or 6 years ago people were friendly and helpful on here but that has long since changed. I thought I would give it another go but the only time anyone speaks to you is to give you a good trolling. No wonder Social sites are killing forums these days.

Remember when you posted "Gum Disease"?
    You got 9 encouraging comments ( I was the first), and also the zbrush legend mutte gave you compliments. I mean, that's more than I ever got for anything
    That's something you should remember when you are feeling down about this community and not getting the response you hope for. I mean sure it was about 3 years ago, but still.. nothing has changed since, sometimes you get lost in the constant flow of art in here. You just gotta keep posting and you will get your feedback

And believe me, selling your artistic integrity to get more attention isn't helping anyone.

Please, keep posting, keep developing!

Santis

your words are kind but you are just helping to illustrate my point. 3 years ago the board was a far friendlier place, imho.

I do appreciate your change in approach to this conversation, however. You can certainly tell you are one of the nicer ones from the old days of this board.

User Gallery

Default Give love to recieve love

I have 14,000+ views and a grand total of 22 comments, that hasnt and wont stop me from posting images to my sketchbook. I make art because i love it, not for approval, dont get me wrong its awesome to get feedback and to hear that other people like your work. You have to give love to recieve love as well, just posting on your sketchbook wont get more people to perhaps click on your name and look at what you have uploaded. Dont give up just because its slow, there is a lot going on here.
    "And your very flesh shall be a great poem" W.Whitman

Is this all because of my one comment? Even after my apology and explanation that I meant you no insult, but was simply asking questions as to what the meaning was behind certain design choices in your entry? Didn't you ask for some feedback? Didn't you ask for suggestions as to where you might have "went wrong?" I thought I was giving you what you asked for. If some praise were all you were looking for, you should have just said so.
    You've been a professional artist for over 10 years, correct? Have you never had any other person question some aspect of your work at all, or make suggestions of any kind in all that time, or at any other time in your entire life?
    Once, I pointed out a rare mistake in a sculpt by arguably one of the best ZBrush artists to ever post work in these forums. He's a phenomenal artist, and he teaches his sculpting techniques to other artists only too eager to learn from him. The guy can sculpt circles around me and a whole lot of other people. Did he get upset at my critique? Did he say, "Who's this guy to question my work?" No, he graciously thanked me for noticing the mistake. I just don't understand why you are taking this so hard. What was it that I said that you just can't get over?
    Last edited by Webhead; 11-07-12 at 09:30 PM.

Okay, let's clear things up as ZBC Admin don't seem to respond when I ask them to delete this thread.

This was my entry for the Halloween Challenge on ZB Central. Was a ton of fun to make. Not many responses to the last thing I posted. Can anyone suggest where I went wrong? Thanks in advance
    Okay this was the original sentence I wrote. This sentence that was originally posted above the picture called 'Overslept'.

As you can see it says 'Not many responses to the last thing I posted. Can anyone suggest where I went wrong?'. This refers NOT to the piece Overslept but to the previous post. So the piece in question, that went totally over your head despite being totally comprehensive to a non-English speaking person, was not even the one I asked for comments on.

I am not 'taking it so hard' as you put it I am just frustrated that you didn't read the original comment. The Overslept piece took 2 or 3 days to do however the piece before it took about a month. It is a shame you didn't get it but whatever I guess there has always been a divide between English and American humor. Oh and That is why I asked if you were American, it wasn't an insult. You see Webhead you are very quick to say I have been defensive without looking at the facts. Sorry if you all think I am over reacting but to be honest this community is flawed if the only way people talk to each other is when they see a good trolling situation.

Oh and please don't give me the old line 'comment on other peoples work and they will comment on yours...' I have done that and unlike in the past people don't seem to give a crap who you are and what you say.

So anyway sorry for the length of my response but I thought it was time to layout my side of the argument, as I have been insulted by being told I am 'not mature enough to handle criticism'.

Well, you should stop calling it trolling. You are the stubborn one here..

*sigh*

Did you read anything I wrote Santis?

Why do you assume I am the one being stubborn here despite me taking the time to try to clean up this whole mess in my previous post?

As you can see it says 'Not many responses to the last thing I posted. Can anyone suggest where I went wrong?'. This refers NOT to the piece Overslept but to the previous post. So the piece in question, that went totally over your head despite being totally comprehensive to a non-English speaking person, was not even the one I asked for comments on.
    I'm sure that person who got your concept could explain exactly what each element of your piece meant in full detail, too.
    I understood what your concept was supposed to be about, I can read english. I just didn't understand what some of the elements in your piece had to do with driving home your concept. Why not just give me an explanation to my honest questions to clear up any the confusion? Because, you were too insulted to do that.
    I am not 'taking it so hard' as you put it I am just frustrated that you didn't read the original comment. The Overslept piece took 2 or 3 days to do however the piece before it took about a month. It is a shame you didn't get it but whatever I guess there has always been a divide between English and American humor. Oh and That is why I asked if you were American, it wasn't an insult. You see Webhead you are very quick to say I have been defensive without looking at the facts. Sorry if you all think I am over reacting but to be honest this community is flawed if the only way people talk to each other is when they see a good trolling situation.
    You yourself admit you were immediately defensive about my comment, saying that you were frustrated that I didn't comment on the other piece. You called me a troll, called others who offered an opinion trolls, said you were done posting at ZBC, and made a disparaging remark about everyone else in the forums. Every time someone came on here to try and encourage you, because they could clearly see you were upset, what did you do? You started whining to them how bad it is in these forums. How nasty everyone here is. You keep screaming for this thread to be shut down, and you never acknowledged my sincere apology, but instead, continue to talk down to me, and everyone else. If that isn't being defensive, I don't know what is? You've been throwing a pity party ever since I made my comment. The more I and others tried to console you, the nastier you've gotten. By the way, what did you mean by assuming that I must be a Romney supporter? Do you like Romney by chance? What type of person do you see supporting Romney? Answer that one truthfully, if you would, please?

Oh and please don't give me the old line 'comment on other peoples work and they will comment on yours...' I have done that and unlike in the past people don't seem to give a crap who you are and what you say.
    More anger and bitterness. Seems the whole world has conspired against you.
    Last edited by Webhead; 11-09-12 at 09:01 AM.

User Gallery

A big upset about a little misunderstanding...Nobody is right, when everybody is wrong, or feels wronged..Time to manup or shutup

Thank You for that centipede insert mesh tool by the way Scot, and for sharing your technique..I really like that archer character..and am learning alot by studying it...Thanks for sharing, and Inspiring...me anyway..

Take Care Man.

Glenn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast