ZBrushCentral

QRemesher

I’m sorry, but I’ve got to be that one jack@$$ in the crowd that starts the chanting -

Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER

WHO’S WITH ME?!?!?!?!?

(all that don’t reply are clearly qremesher haters, and thus clearly suck b@lls)
(just sayin…)

I’m curious too!

Pixologic, any news on this feature?

The voices in my head have been chanting for a couple of months now… now the ones outside are starting to chant it too, and you’ve started this thread on the forum… the only thing that could possibly prevent mental overload and total physical collapse is Q RE MESH ER! Q RE MESH ER! Q RE MESH ER!

It’s not much extra information, and I think it’s pretty much what we guessed from the picture, but there is a small description here…
http://www.verold.com/3dtools/

Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER

Am I smokin crack, or do I vividly remember Pixologic saying (with the release of 4r2b) that we would be seeing the release of QRemesher in the late part of February?

I mean, I understand that this is still February, but SERIOUSLY… NO MENTION OF IT AT ALL IN THE 4R3 ANNOUNCEMENT PAGE…

Why tease us, Pixologic, you dirty dirty girl…
Why?!?!?!?!?!?

Pixologic is not in charge of developing QRemesher, currently it’s being developed by Verold.

We all know that haste makes waste, right? Let’s wait patiently now. :wink:

Yes, it’s going to be awesome, can’t wait! :smiley:

this is the year of retopo tools lol qremesher then modo 601 really cool tool. I hope this tool comes out soon :smiley:

yep the retopo tools in modo601 looks amazing.

modo 601: Topology modeling workflow

Retopo tools are very good in modo601 however there is no auto retopo function like in 3D Coat and that’s what i’m looking forward to - Auto retopo in ZBrush. It’s so close with the tease from Verold, surely it’ll be out soon!

Q re mesh er
q re mesh er
q re mesh er
q re mesh er
q re mesh er
q re mesh er

true there is no auto retopo but you can paint topology similar to wrapit 1.0 for max. I think this is better than an auto retopo since u can control ur new topology on the Fly. :smiley:

Its kinda hard to beat guided retopo or autoretopo in 3dcoat.

But it aint hard to beat the current system…

compared to max conform tools looks funny … compared to 3dcoat autopo and retopo tools looks like … i don’t want to use this word

edit: I really hope qremesher will do something like 3dcoat or even better, so I don’t have to send each file to 3dcoat for retopo anymore, and I hope it will not be too expensive…

Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER
Q RE MESH ER

(can anyone tell me if there is a way to adjust the transparency while retopo-ing? i know there´s the “Draw” section in “preferences”, but this doesn´t help…)

Actually it looks exactly the same as 3dCoat’s guided topo, and they also have auto topo, which does a pretty good job. QR will need to be value priced, or more feature rich to be superior to whats already been available for quite some time.

Shouldn’t there be an open alpha version available long ago? :rolleyes:

QRemesher is result of the collective efforts of both Pixologic and Verold. As it’s name suggests, it is a remeshing solution both automatic and guided. Stay tuned, for a February pre-release Alpha version of QRemesher, available for download and preview inside ZBrush 4R2b. Once completed, QRemesher will be available for purchase and download at Pixologic.com.

Source: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?165512--ZBrush-4R2b-Launched!-

This could mean one of two things. Either the plugin is so good they couldn’t be bothered with the alpha as no-one would pay for the full version since the free alpha would be so good or… there has been a right f*** up and someone has been telling porkies to how far along development truly is…

Either way i’m getting disappointed that there has been little news.

Odds are they just want to get it out with as few bugs and as many features as possible. Especially since this is the first paid zbrush plugin ever to come out, they don’t want anyone to muck it up.