ZBrushCentral

a general Subdivion Surfaces based question

Zbrush has a Subdivision Scheme which not all SubD Modellers utilize: While in most SubD-Modellers one can add many virtual Subdivisons one actually still has the Face-Count of the Basemesh at disposal (unless one collapses the SubD-Levels).
Inside Zbrush, when using Brushes like Move one can see that all Subdivison-Levels are fully exposed for editing - so with each new Subd-Level one gets 4 times as many Vertices to drag.

My question: Is there actually also a (non-sculpting) Subdivision-Surface-Modeller which also gives full access to all Levels of Subdivision (without Collapsing/Freezing?)

I`m not sure if I understand your question.
You do have the subdivision levels available in ZBrush. You can move the slider in Tool/Geometry/SDiv or use Shift+D to go to lower subdiv and D to go to higher. So you can go down to level one, move stuff and then back to the highest level.

Thanks sivivaticus,
how one goes about lowering or raising the SubD-Level in Zbrush indeed wasn’t the question - this wasn’t a Zbrush question at all. :slight_smile:
Zbrush’s Subdivision differs from what one typically can see in SubD-Modellers (it’s not very obvious though).
I wondered if someone knew a “classic” SubD-Package which indeed also gives editing-access to Subdivided faces and not only smoothes the Basemesh.