Senior Member User Gallery

Been a while! Took a break and recently jumped right back into work. To get myself back up to speed I chose a project that I am really comfortable with, which is armor and monsters and all that fun. I chose to base the set around my Tabletop Pathfinder character, because I am a nerd like that. Had a blast working on it, already considering whose character in my gaming group to do next.

New Member User Gallery

Great work!
    i enjoyed flipping throughout your WIPs and the final ones!

i am wondering about mesh, i use zbrush for sculpting but never mesh for sl and I am not sure how to start.
    is there a workflow that I could learn? Would love to hear your take on that. Haven't had much luck with online searching but I sure would appreciate your help on that if you can.

Cheers and keep it up!

By the way, what store do you sell your products at? Would love to own some of your creations.
    Last edited by khenein; 09-24-12 at 08:33 AM.

New Member User Gallery

Default Amasing work. I'm speechless ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    Second Life (that crazy place) has recently updated their game with a new system called "Mesh" that allows for much more detailed models to be brought into the game. I recently finished my first attempt at a Mesh project using my weapon of choice, Zbrush, and wanted to post them here for critique and fun. I am still very much a novice, but I am learning more every day and enjoying every moment of it.

The concept was a very old sketch of mine from back in high school of an Anubis themed Exo-suit with thematic inspirations from Stargate, predator, and other fun movies and games I grew up playing. It was built and textured completely inside of Zbrush, with rigging done in Maya.

Everything in this image was made in Zbrush and brought into Second Life (With the exception of the floor to the room, which does not belong to me.) as part of a one day event involving a hidden ruin in the deserts. Statues, walls, and other props were all made in Zbrush.

I had a blast making the Anubis armor and set, and most importantly I learned a lot. It was especially fun to see it brought to life in game, running around in real time with players. A long way from that errant sketch pad from High school.

The only real big disappointment is that we could not get the under suit to rig correctly, which resulted in it being relegated to a baked texture on a much lower res body model. It still looked acceptable, but I really liked the under suit and it was a shame to see it completely flattened into a texture.

All in all, it was great fun and I can't wait to start on the next project.

Thank you everyone! Sorry for the very late reply, I don't check this nearly as often as I should.

@Sasha2uand4u: I appreciate the kind words, thank you!

@khenein: Thank you kindly. I would be happy to run you through the process if you haven't already figured it out? I also frequently stream my work Live while working via livestream. Feel free to catch me inworld some time and I will help you if I can. The business I own there is called "Losthaven". Everything in this thread is there and a million things more.

Currently almost done with my next project. Decided I wanted to make something really big and bulky, kinda quasi sci-fi fantasy.

I also just realized after posting, that the fingers are not visible. Whoops. Let's use our imagination. Together.

Last edited by Rykka; 11-03-12 at 04:52 AM.

New Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    Thank you everyone! Sorry for the very late reply, I don't check this nearly as often as I should.

@Sasha2uand4u: I appreciate the kind words, thank you!

@khenein: Thank you kindly. I would be happy to run you through the process if you haven't already figured it out? I also frequently stream my work Live while working via livestream. Feel free to catch me inworld some time and I will help you if I can. The business I own there is called "Losthaven". Everything in this thread is there and a million things more.

Currently almost done with my next project. Decided I wanted to make something really big and bulky, kinda quasi sci-fi fantasy.

I also just realized after posting, that the fingers are not visible. Whoops. Let's use our imagination. Together.

Hey! it's good to hear from you, good work this time as well! Love it
    I have been reading and looking for resources. I am not a modeler or a 3D artists so I actually feed on the information everybody leaves and follow religiously with few changes as I learn on.
    At this point I am so confused, not sure if SL mesh accepts any form of starting prim or prims or Zspheres or what?
    I can't ask you for the whole process it could be so consuming for you to recite so I am only asking for the headlines. the main steps and the things I should watchout not to do. I can figure the rest or get more information on what I am lacking.

Thanks again, Cheers!!

Catch me in-world if you can! I would be happy to walk you though some process' to get you started and get you on the right track. It can be a little confusing at first, but once the basics are out of the way it is a pretty straightforward workflow, and a lot of fun! My in-world name is Lucia Cyr, if you would like to contact me.

And done! Tough project. Had a lot of fun making it though, and I got to break out an old Alien Creature model I made a long time ago for the promo shot!
    Enjoyed it, but I am glad to be moving on to something else now.

Member User Gallery

Sweet work man!.i like your detail work and your renders are really cool too.
    and i really Dig your armor sculpt.
    i hope to see more from you in this forum!..
    and good luck with your next project.
    adam

Thank you Adam! Will be making a sort of.. wizard...robe.. thing next, I think. Not looking forward to rigging it. I have horrible luck getting the legs of coats to work, but the design process should be fun!

Very nice work indeed.
    I really liked the Anubis you did.
    I just wish my skills were up to speed on that.
    Would it be too much to ask to see wire-frame of the Anubis?
    I am always impressed how polys are placed.

keep up the excellent work.
    Oh yea, thanks for sharing.

Stephen

Finished my magic robe thing. Came out pretty close to the sketch, so I am pretty happy about that. Albeit, I am not looking forward to rigging it at all. Rigging continues to be something I am painfully bad at- it would seem.

Could not help but to add two little dot eyes after I was finished on the mannequin. The entire thing just looked too "Black Mage", and I just had to. Fun project.

User Gallery

I really love your 'black mage' outfit! is that your own design? the yellow eye dots really complete it ;D haha even without them it really has a classic final fantasy feel to it imo. nice work!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234