ZBrushCentral

Cxyda's Sketchbook

Hey guys!
finally after lurking around for about 2 years now and stalking your astonishing artwork i managed to register and want to show you what i’ve done the last 3 weeks. I created it in my spare time and worked 3 steps ahead and 2 steps back constantly :wink: So sorry for that early WIP post! But i really hope you like it and drop me some comments and tips in here. Want to learn more of you guys … so warm up your keyboards AND fingers ladies and gentlemen and give me some feedback PLEASE :slight_smile:

ok, now to the fun part. This is my latest work, she will be an archer i think so she will have a modern compound bow i think. She is not a medieval archer, because she is carrying a handgun as you can see, i kind of like it so i think i will keep it :slight_smile: Most of the props are just roughly sculpted and nothing of this character is finished yet. I tried to get a feeling of the final shape.

I didn’t tried the new awesome fibremeshes yet, but i will =)
As you may see i REALLY need a lot of help in materials and rendering them. So if you know any good tutorial about Materials (espacially cloth / fabric / wool) PLEASE drop me the link :slight_smile:

as i don’t want to kill the board design here i give you the link to the super high quality images:
http://www.polybeast.de/projects/archer/archer_01_WIP.jpg

ok i think that’s it! Hope you like it and hope you tell me what you think about it.

Cxyda

Attachments

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

First of all - Welcome to ZBrushCentral - Glad you joined mate:)
Great work on your medieval archer girl, really nice concept and great sculpt!:+1:
The anatomy of the body is very solid and I like the outfit for her aswell!
One thing though, her chest seems to pop out a little, if you know what I mean, the sideview of it:)
Did you render them out in ZBrush or is this the LowPoly model with all the Maps on it?
I would love to help you with the rendering but I am also trying to learn rendering, because I suck at it big time^^
Definently looking forward to your future work and your progress here on ZBrushCentral, will be interesting to look at!
Wishing you all the best and happy sculpting,

• Kenny:)

p.s.: great start here on zbrushcentral, keep at it

THX KC!
those are the hipoly meshes renderd or screengrabbed directly out of ZB. No lowpolys and just a little polypainting.
Thx for the comment on her chest, i think i know what you mean … i’ll try to find the mistake here!

Best wishes to Munich :wink:

Cxyda

welcome to the Forums, Looking real good so far, proportions are believable, nice concept and ideas! keep em coming :stuck_out_tongue:

wow, long time no posting :frowning: Sorry guys!!!
Okay after a long break i’ll try to revive this =) … sorry for my ugly postings above :S I hope you like her now better and i hope theres a progress visible :smiley:

Things to do next :

Working on the arrows
Give her a dagger
Give her some vials (more detail)
Give her a Coumpund Bow (WIP)
Work on her qiuver
Finalize the rightarm stuff (WIP)
Rework the Hairstyle?
Shaderwork

i experimented a little with different styles, but i’m still not 100% sure which direction i should go >.<
She looks a bit staring, i think her iris is too big … what do you think?

feedback is very welcome :slight_smile: Thanks guys

okay tiny update for the eyes =)

archer_03_eyes_WIP.jpg

Hey guys, i think i’m gonna revive this :wink:

here is the stuff i worked on over the last months. Comments are always welcome. I hope you like it :slight_smile:

fighterGirl_daniel_Steegmueller.jpg
alien_doodle.jpg
ferrari_f430_final.jpg
ferrari_f430_rear.jpg
interior_prefinal.jpg
rc_cloth.jpg
rc_seller.jpg
johnny.jpg
sheet.jpg

nice work :slight_smile: and thanks for your IMM straps brush! :+1: