ZBrushCentral

Carson yuen's WIP 2012

Going to dump all my WIPs in this thread…

Attachments

feb3.jpg

wow thats looking great and clean keep at it !!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

awesome and believable. i really like it

Great job … looks awesome! :+1:

I can just concur, very good work Carson!
Looking forward seeing more of you WIP and works =)
Happy sculpting

• Kenny:)

Hey man, i really appreciated your message man, thanks!! just want to stop by and say i love your works!! your human anatomy sculpting is really good and i want to see more!!! :slight_smile:
Keep up the amazing stuff!!

Best,
Frank

thanks for the comment guys~! It really motivates me when i see people like my works :smiley:

anyway here is the new sketch i am working on…It’s a really rough sketch to define the porportion and anatomy, and I am still wondering what kind of direction i would go with this…

feb6.jpg

Great sketch, coming along well :+1:.

very nice work man :slight_smile:

Hey man, here i am again, lol i saw the sketch you are working on, looking nice!!
here are some of my suggestions that i found in CGHUB, hope it can help a bit, good luck!!
1. FaustoDeMartini

2.jumboshrimp
3. georgeguo

Thanks for the comment guys.

Frank_Tzeng: Thanks alot for the references~ They are really useful :smiley:

Here is the update for today… got really drunk last night so I didn’t have much time to work on it yesterday :confused:

I took out the horn since I don’t think it matches the overall design… Going to focus on how the head plate covers the face in the next few days

feb7.jpg

looks good keep up the good work looking froward to seeing the finished mesh

Thx Armand. I don’t have any idea how close is finish for this model tho~ I am getting close to call it for this one as I don’t want to oversculpt it.

some minor update last night… I want to keep the unpolish clay feeling on the model, so I don’t think I will clean it up too much. Going to work on the back, and refine the head a bit and i will move onto a new model ~ Here is the screen capture for the model so far…

edited: some update from tonight’s work… so i took out the older version and add this.

feb10.jpgfeb11.jpg

This is the material test to see how it looks with a different matcaptest3.jpg

this is sick, I love it

thx Framedworld. I am glad you like this :smiley:

Nice progress…
do you use some certain setting for this clay brush?

• is it clay tube or clay buildup ?
    i really love the clay texture feelings on the surface of this model…

I like your sculpt there are definitely some good things going on with the form of the head.

Just a few suggestions if i might take them or leave them it doesn’t really matter. your call cause hes still pretty cool either way :slight_smile:

I might suggest to pull the head at the neck out and up a tiny bit and give him at least a bit more neck space and jaw. I realize that you are going for a no neck character but I think just giving some space for a bit more jaw would be nice and then the folds off his face could stretch a bit more to his clavicle. Also maybe turn the knees out and the ankle in for a more even distribution of weight.

rabieart: No, it’s just the default claytube. I setup my basemesh’s porportion to the way i want, then used dynamesh to even out the polygons. From there it’s almost all claytube with a tiny bit of trimdynamic to find certain plane changes. I find that claybuild up is too strong for this kind of sculpting. I am glad you like this model :smiley:

Evan: Thanks alot for the suggestions. I will try them out tonight and see what will happen. Yes, I was going for the no neck character style, but you are right that the jaw needs a bit of works. I barely touch that area. Your suggestions will be useful. Thanks again :smiley:

Blocking out the march practice… Roughly block out the overall muscle layout, porportions and style. Going to see how far i can take this one~ I will probably lose the shark thingy tail tomorrow…

march.jpg

i thinks its pretty cool so far… i don’t know if you thought of this or not… but the fins look a bit too small, personally i would add some more muscle to the arms… but then again, its your work, and i am not as experienced as you. but nice overall :slight_smile: