ZBrushCentral

JACKED's SKETCHBOOK

hi guys and galls,

i just had several threads started and came to the conclusion why not put everything in on thread as a skechbook
so here it is: btw these are not on date they were created. most of them are still WIPS.

C&C’s are really welcome. been doing zbrush for almost 2 years now and i think i really made some progress, also thnx to some workshops i watched from ryan kingslien. and the great brushes corey made, and of course special thnx to pixologic

greetz jacked

Attachments

opa honey08.jpg

opa honey01.jpg

MECHARICATUUR04.jpg

MECHARICATUUR01.jpg

danisides.jpg

daniella posed.jpg

missred.jpg

mrs2face01.jpg

burned.jpg

PROJECT WITCH05.jpg

and some more: these are from the early stages of me entering zbrush alienmask.jpgWARGAL3.jpgWARGAL2.jpgWARGAL1.jpgskull.jpgLADYRED.jpgdemonlady.jpgangelside.jpgangel.jpgwerewolfarmor.jpg

hi there
this is a bust im working on. its felicia from darkstalkersfelicia01.jpg

Cool sketch book Jacked !:+1:
Definently keep it going mate!
Still some anatomy probs, I also have probs with anatomy because for me its the most important to have a crisp anatomy going on
cheers and happy sculpting,
Kenny

thnx kc i got all types of references end tutorials on anatomy but still its hard to master.
felicia02.jpg

yet another small update.

hey guys

been busy for a while but found time to continue sculpting so here’s a small update on felicia

grtz jacked c&c’s are welcomefelicia07.jpgfelicia08.jpgfelicia09.jpg

Cool mate , definenly keep it going!:+1:

hey guys this is just an anatomy study im doing to learn how to and where im going wrong i did one standing and one sitting please i need some c&c
grtz jackedFEMALE ANATOMY.jpgFEMALE SIT.jpg

The proportions are bad. Check this out:
http://www.idrawdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/prop_female.gif

For muscles, try to study Female model you got with ZBrush 4R2b and some photos and you’ll get better for surre :slight_smile:
Photos of bodybuilders and dancers and fittnes are greate resource of muscles reference.

Hey jacked,
i agree you should work on your anatomy skills, and you should choose your references wisely :wink: The reference of nebular is better but it still does not look like the women I KNOW :wink:
look at www.3d.sk or www.posemaniacs.com

stay tuned !

Cxyda

Aye, I agree, especially for bodybuilders , But it surelly helps to understand whats going on uder the skin:cool:

I can just concur with Nebula and my mate cyxda!
Try to look at references and really study anatomy hard, I would also recommened you to look at 3d sculpts of anatomy!
The anatomy of the female is in my oppinion the hardest one, but if you can make it a crisp anatomy you should have no
problems with the male anatomy!
definently keep it going though, we don’t wanna critize, just want to give you some feedback and advices!
All the best,

• Kenny:)

i agree with the above statements. your getting there but looking realy closly at anatomy would help alot. best resorce i can sugest that hasnt already been said is

BRIDGMAN’S complete Guide to Drawing from Life.

infact any of his works would do the trick the way he draws his anatomy is fantastic for zbrush as its broken down into key shapes. also ones like EAT3D have some awesome tips on how to poly paint. otherwise good work and keep at it :smiley:

M

hey guys thnx for the feedback, yeah i know my anatomy is terrible for now but i just dont know where im messing up, i have almost full database from 3dsk on pictures i watched almost every tutorial i got my hands on about tutorials, subscribed to visualarium from ryan watched all his work but still there is just something i cant find that keeps messing it up…any ideas guy’s ? should i sculpt in perspective or not, even if i overlay my sculpts on 3dsk references most times they match on silhouette so i just dont get it.

please help me out??

thnx jacked

hey guys here are the references i used for the basic body and my sculptfemal.jpgback&front.jpg

hey jacked ! I know what you mean ! I’ve tried women over and over again in perspektiv and orthographic view … they all looked like mudheads… :wink: I thought they are exactly like my refs but they were not! But then one day i started sculpting without any refs and pressure just for fun and there was she :wink: I’m still not that good at sculpting girls like the other geniuses here but its getting better (look at my scetchbook). Sculpting women is the hardest thing i know and just VERY tiny changes in shapes can make it or break it! I know it’s kind of uninteresting to sculpt men but it’s much easier i’d say because you learn the muscles and can (over) accentuate them without breaking it. Men are also easier when you ask for critique, if they are a bit off and look like a ****head it’s most times ok. A female sculpt can be PERFECT but when you ask 2 guys you get always 3 opinions and none of them is like “wow shes pretty” :wink: In my experiance there is always a … ouh the nose is too short or to long, the cheeks are off, butt, hips, breasts … ahh man that never ends :wink:
They have to be pretty or they will not be accepted.

Sounds hard but that’s how i learned it.

I made you a small overpaint and put my actual model besides it ! Hope you don’t mind! What i can say is… at a female body its all about form and counter form… don’t know if this is the correct english word for it but i hope the curves in my overpaint make my point clear ! Drawing over my model showed me surprisingly my the weaknesses of my model so i just learned a thing :slight_smile: But i didn’t focus that much on the legs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
My model is far from being perfect and the true masters in here may disagree but this is my current level of understanding it ^^

hope it helped ! All i can say is don’t give up keep trying it ! There will be a day where you made it !

corrections.jpg

correction grid.jpgthnx cxyda

i took the liberty to take your grid and overlay them on my sculpt could you mark the areas for me on that so i can adjust them properly.

thnx again
jacked

hey jacked,
i don’t know what this should be… is it a muscle study ? o.0
Sorry but i can’t overpaint that, i would not really know where to start. look at my overpaint i already posted you and keep trying.
Maybe you have to change the way you SEE first. That’s no joke … my fine art teacher gave me the advice long time ago to change the way i see things. Try to see smaller shapes in your references and look intently at them. Can’t tell you more than that. Maybe you should take fine art lessons.

Cxyda

hmm interesting. Here is some advices for you :smiley:

So far, it seems the major problem you have is that you don’t know how to utlitize zbrush. This goes with so many things from your model, including how to use different brushes to get a more fine details and planes…

This should really be the first thing you need to know before you do anything else in zbrush. If you can’t even use your brush well enough, there is no point to even think about working on anatomy or building a character. Tutorials would be a great start for you at this point and I would strongly suggest you to find them. There are alot of free tutorials online, or your can buy some books from chapters and study them. To name a few good ones:

1. ZBrush Book–Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy by Scott Spencer is the first book i bought back then when i started learning zbrush 2 years ago. I used to read it every single day whenever i have time… I even read it when i go to the toilet… The content is a bit dated now (now sure if Scott updates it or not), but it’s more than enough for you at this stage…

2. zbrushworkshop.com from Ryan Kingslien would be a great place to learn about zbrush.

3. www.thegnomonworkshop.com is another good place to visit…

good luck on your work. Remember, do not rush into detail so fast and so soon. Try to make sure your basemesh works first, and use the correct tool to make them work.