ZBrushCentral

A quick chat with Maxence Fleuret ZBrush Character Artists

• So Maxence, tell us where you are living these days.
    I’m currently living in Grenoble, France and i will be moving next month for Los Angeles, CA
  • Are you currently working for a company or doing freelance work? Tell us about the work you have been doing recently.
    Currently i’m freelancing for ARH Studio and private commission digital sculpture in order to be printed, based mostly on historical figure and superheroes, and in October i will start as a character artist at Insomniac Games.
  • You are clearly a master at the work you do! Our readers will want to know how you becomes as good as you are. Have you and any formal training? Or go to school to become the artists you are today?
    I went to school at ARIES ESI in france during three years which was a generalist 3d formation (modeling/texturing/compositing/animation etc…) And then i wanted to specialize myself into character modeling, and so i continued to refine my knowledge on the human anatomy and to understand as much as possible how the masters are working in several forms of art like Vfx, makeup artists, traditional sculptors, comic book artist, concept art, video games, movies …
  • Can you tell us about some of your past professional work. Are there any particular projects you are proud of and would like to talk about?
    Right after school I worked for a video game company in france (elb games) as a junior character artist during two years on a couple wii/ps2/xbox360 and ps3 games learning video game limitation…

Check out the rest of this interview and many more at 3DTrainer.com

Attachments

banner.jpg