ZBrushCentral

Fibermesh to Maya Hair WorkFlow answered

Hey guys,

FiberMesh is pretty awesome, but to be able to use it from concept to production model is more awesome.

The workflow im thinking would be:

export uv’d with 2 sides fibermesh(obj)
import to maya
select one of the edges in uv editor
*convert edges to curves —this currently only works 1 edge at a time :frowning: [need smart people of solution]
after generating curves apply hairsystem to curve

thanks

It’s too early to say anything definite but we will certainly be looking into this possibility.

We really need to have a fibers mesh to splines plugin also for Maya 2011-2012.
It would be great if someone could do this.

Btw there is a fibers mesh to splines plugin for 3ds Max now, lol it took him only few days to get it out!

probably the same one mentioned above there is now one for maya and max $20 I’m sure there will be other options soon.http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93843

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9gCigHur21c

Hi there

Here is my small contribution to the get the fibers mesh as curves in maya.
The idea is to goz the mesh then have it converted to curves with python plugin so it’s free and should be working with any Maya version including the python api wrapper.

Get fibersToCurves there, place it in a valid plugin foder, load it, select a mesh coming from ZBrush fibers (e.g use GoZ) then use ‘fibersToCurves’ as mel command.

Enjoy

Thank you for this.:+1:

I am not that knowledgeable of hair rendering with in Maya.
How would you render the splines in Maya 2011, by converting them into a hair system?

Yes you can render them as hairs in maya. Create hairSystem and ad the curves to it with ‘Hair > Make Selected Curves Dynamic’. Depending on the render engines you want to use assign a custom shader and/or custom attributes (e.g renderman, maxwell). With maya software or mentalray you shoud ‘Assign Paint Effects Brush to Hair’.

Tchoa! YOU ARE THE MAN!!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: this is perfect!

@tchoa

You are the best!!

i love your plugin/script.

All my respect

T H A N K Y O U !