Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Tree with added extras

This is a mixed example of uses for the FiberMesh utility. All the elements that you see apart from the flowers are simple 'accepted' FiberMesh states as subtools. Each one has been controlled mostly by using masks. The only element of these that has a FiberMesh UV applied is the leaves. Then the Flower was created using FiberMesh on the top of a sphere, with wide high coverage and minimal fibers with minimal gravity, this flower is then used as a MicroMesh replacement within the main Tree subtool set.

http://www.arranlewis.co.uk

I let go of the rope once, but now, I am climbing like a monkey.

Great experiment with great results! I'm so fixated on seeing what everyone comes up with with these new features!

Member Follow User Gallery

SO EXCITING! I love the small details in the branchings!

New Member Follow User Gallery

I am not sure if a 'wow' is proper, but I'll say it anyway...WOW

awesome work! I got a couple of trees which i hope to put leaves on tomorrow...... this feels to me like a massive leap forwards for this already fabulous programme..... really exciting!

Again great results Arran - so you can render just not with BPR but it's still fantastic for mid distance or further details I'm guessing.

Transparency with the uv's you say? Any chance of a screen grab on where and how to add this Arran? I haven't fiddled with transparency since version 2.

I'm just loving version 4 - lovin' it I tell ye!! It's a dream come true for Ol' Boozy. I've downloaded R2B just not loaded it up yet.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Excellent experimentation, FiberMesh is amazingly versatile and your exploration is an inspiration to us all; thanks for sharing.

Dave
    Last edited by DLangley; 01-27-12 at 07:01 AM.

awesome last videos on making the tree . With the micromesh does everything has to be made using fibermesh or can u make a object and use it as a micromesh?can u use any other brush with the micormesh?
    Last edited by jubala; 01-28-12 at 04:58 PM.

Arran, the root systems you designed for the trees are remarkable and absolutely photo-realistic! I can see lots of use for Fibermesh and Micromesh, both realistic and surrealistic, though I'm not convinced about using the plugins for creating "real" hair. But your experimentation is very impressive. Thanks for sharing!

Default Sample Tree

I have attached a link to download the ZBrush File for the image below if anyone is interested. The Subtools are saved as 'PV' and finals, The PV are the previews for the fibers for each element, and then the rest of the tools are the accepted fibers. In order to get a better render of the fibers when used as leaves I advise that you crease and divide them once before rendering to get a far more accurate shadowing.

SAMPLE TREE DOWNLOAD

@KrakenCMT: Thanks, and I also am excited and keep checking to see whats being produced, definitely exciting.

@SonOfWitz: Thanks, I love undulating in details and that is one of the things ZBrush helps out with the most, which is probably why I am so attached to it.

@Artfan: Lol, thanks :-)

@earthtriber: I hope your trees worked out well, and I agree this is a massive leap forward. You should have seen how I made some trees a few months back and how much time it took and now this, lol, makes me laugh in a crazy sort of way ;-)

@boozy floozie: Thanks loads. In order to use transparency you basically add full black to the texture where you want the object to be transparent as per the square leaf image above. You then select transparency under the texture preview in the texture palette.

@DLangley: Thanks loads and your welcome.

@jubala: You can use any model as a MicroMesh insert. Try it with some of the primitive shapes such as the ring 3D.

@kevphil: The roots were made with Zspheres, as well as the main tree before the smaller branches were added using the FiberMesh. I need to give some time to using the FiberMesh for hair but been carried away with the foliage so far.

@nickz: I totally love that part of the movies :-) thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Arran J Lewis; 01-28-12 at 06:11 PM.

wow ...nice! ...thanks for sharing

Gee, this looks great! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Cheers!
    TheRazorsEdge

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
    - Bruce Lee -

To where are we going? Great result.

Amazing tree.. Thank you for sharing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast