ZBrushCentral

Tree test using Fiber Mesh

I am so impressed with the new FiberMesh. It is so versatile its bowled me over!! I have used it here to add small branches to the top of the tree, and then applied the FiberMesh to those small branches and the main branches. FiberMesh has also been used for the smaller roots. I imagine that I could do a better job at this with perhaps smaller leaves and maybe more branch variations etc, but this is a starting point for me to learn the best ways to use the FiberMesh. I have converted all FiberMesh to PolyMesh3D objects as I fond it renders better. I have played around with MicroMesh as an alternative and found it very useful, but for this exercise I am exploring exportable objects.

Attachments

treee.jpg

Dude excellent results right there…Very excited to see what u come up with next.

Remember the old days of ZBC when we were all figuring out techniques for the first time and sharing our breakthroughs? This reminds me very much of that time!

Keep it up! :)

SEGAHOLIC: Thanks, I look forward to it too :-), this is a very exciting tool indeed.

aurick: Oh yes I remember it all very clearly as I was going through lots of my old ZBrush work last week and am amazed at what gets produced and shown on this forum these days. The days of the Sphere sculpt (pre-Zsphere), how far this software has come is truly amazing and its still developing beyond expectations. Exciting times with every new update :slight_smile:

Very well done !
I think UV with leaves texture will be great with your technique.

Langelot: I just discovered that from reading the PDF, and your right it works really well.

I modified the settings to get better shape and size leaves, and only used the top few side branches to test the outcome for render time. I have not converted the FiberMesh into PolyMesh this time as I discovered that if I increase the angle considerably within the BPR shadow setup, it works just fine.

Great stuff!

Wow! That’s awesome. Great way of showing off 4R2b capabilities also.

Very nice…very nice indeed! :+1: Hmmm… some interesting thoughts come to mind.

Splendid. Fascinating to see the results possible . Bravo.:+1:

Real Nice :+1:

Wow, these new Zbrush toys are really versatile. So much fun stuff going on here.

Ezra

Oh my word!!!
So freaking excited!!!

wow man you should make a tutorial vid… looks great… sweet job…

Marcus_civis, zber2, SpaceMan, EZRA52, SonOfWitz, Thanks very much for your comments, although I really feel like ZBrush is doing all magic***8230;.its almost too easy now, lol.

Mentat7, Well I would like to see what ideas you have, I bet your having fun since the early days of ZBrush,
you too boozy floozie :-).

NIcktheArtist. I am not sure there is really much hear for a video as its so quick to make in regards to the foliage, but once I have a few more tests I will put some screen grabs together. Thanks

Arran

I have been trying to see how easy it is to effect the leaf shape using the FiberMesh UV and Transparency. This was a quick sketched texture edge to see how well it would work in principle. It works fine, but unfortunately not within BPR. So this is just a real-time screen grab to show the potential if it would have rendered up.
test.jpg

This is a mixed example of uses for the FiberMesh utility. All the elements that you see apart from the flowers are simple ‘accepted’ FiberMesh states as subtools. Each one has been controlled mostly by using masks. The only element of these that has a FiberMesh UV applied is the leaves. Then the Flower was created using FiberMesh on the top of a sphere, with wide high coverage and minimal fibers with minimal gravity, this flower is then used as a MicroMesh replacement within the main Tree subtool set.

Great experiment with great results! I’m so fixated on seeing what everyone comes up with with these new features!

SO EXCITING! I love the small details in the branchings!

I am not sure if a ‘wow’ is proper, but I’ll say it anyway…WOW:)

awesome work! I got a couple of trees which i hope to put leaves on tomorrow… this feels to me like a massive leap forwards for this already fabulous programme… really exciting!