ZBrushCentral

Dario's New Sketchbook

Hey guys, I figured I finally have the time to start a sketch book which I can update with some degree of frequency. I just finished my Frog Alien and figured he could kick things off.

I love concept design and aliens especially, and hope to work in that field when I’m out of school someday. All modeling and rendering in Zbrush and Photoshop with BPR passes. I can post Zbrush screen grabs and render passes if anyone is interested. Thanks!

And the raw composite with no texture overlays

Attachments

FASMALL.jpg

FAPORT_SMALL.jpg

FABASH_Really Small.jpg

nice, very nice:D

beautiful design i like the face , i just think the stars looks opaque other than that good job

Thanks guys!

Welcome and nice sculpt :+1:

nice style…did u made the grass inside zbrush or u paint it in photoshop?

The grass as well as the stars were done in photoshop. The fog was done in Z, set to a low opacity, and erased to get the current effect.

Here are some clay style renders of this guy. I was going for the classic Vray studio lighting look, except with Zbrush! 95% BPR, with just a little bit of lens blur added in Photoshop using a depth pass from zbrush. The lighting set up is using light cap, and I used a few BPR filters to increase the contrast. I love BPR!

Upload FrontV1.jpg

UPload Back V1.jpg

that is a wonderful work ! now i wonder how would look like as a female version of your alien ? XD and next time, don’t forget to make a making of on your next work :slight_smile:

Awesome clay renders! Any chance of sharing the set up:D?

Ill will post a more detailed discription of the rendering set up tomorrow, I have a final tomorrow that I must study for. Rest assured it’s a pretty easy set up. It’s just the basic material 2, with the specularity settings fittled with, material color changed to a light red, and an additional very faint blue light added to the bottom left acting as a fill light. The key to the image is the light cap, which is just two lights squished together in the lightcap menu.

Can’t wait man:D. Good luck on your final.

As promised, here is a little set up guide for the clay renders. Keep in mind this is not at all how I did the colored version. I apologize for
the messiness, I think I own the only keyboard in north America without a print screen botton, and I was in a bit of a hurry so I just took
pictures with my phone. Sorry!

i found some usefull information about your problem, i hope it will help you out : http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/print-screen/

also, if it’s a mac, you just have to do this :

apple+shift+3 for all screen
apple+shift+4 for a part of screen
apple+shift+4 then spacebar for to select one window.

hope it will fix your small problem :slight_smile:

Thank you doggy:)

Mudd- No Problem!

Alize- Thank you! Ill have to give this a try. I really appreciate it

Post any any works you do using this technique! Id love to see them! Maybe someone will come up with some cool tweaks

seem that you misspell XD you’re the third person who thing i’m called alize lol XD aside that, you’re welcome and i’m glad it did help you out :slight_smile:

AlienLord3.jpg
:slight_smile: hey its similar with my model here is mine i made it within dynamesh

Just messing around with Fiber Mesh. Thought I’d slap some ridiculous hair to my tongue man lol… from his 70’s rock and roll days. its very poorly groomed I know…

And the original from the Holloween Challenge

Really2 Small Tongue man.jpg

Finally had some time to do another personal piece. Im trying to fill holes in my creature design portfolio, and I realized I didn’t have a classical demon type thing. I tried to add a little
originality though. Any Comments or Critiques would be great ! Thanks

All BPR passes in Zbrush, with composition and a few texture photo overlays in photoshop

Demon_Dario CiVon Upload.jpg