ZBrushCentral

The Flash Noir

So, I finally managed to finish this piece. Started working on it almost 2 years ago but didn’t have time to finish it back then.
This is my take on a 40s version of The Flash. Didn’t want to overdo it with very sci-fi gadgets, nano-fabrics or general high-tech neon-glowy-stuff. Wanted it to feel like a first trial run of the suit before it became the red/yellow spandex suit it is today.

I’ll be posting some zbrush-renders later on to show more of modelling I did for it. Right now I just need to go to sleep. Until then, I hope you enjoy!

Here’s a VERY highres version of the image which I think you’ll appreciate more:
http://www.badrobots.se/wp-content/uploads/the.flash.noir.christopher.brandstrom.2000x3500.RGB.jpg

Attachments

the.flash.noir.christopher.brandstrom.1000x1750.RGB.jpg

Nice texturing and modeling job on this! Interesting take on the FLASH, too! :+1:

Fantastic work man !

He’s got a bit of a “douchey” hair-cut in my subjective opinion but it’s a very well executed model with good textures, shaders and presentation.

Absolutely inspiring.

You stated that this was completed over the course of about two years. What where the different stages of this project and production?

awesome
how’d you get hte fuzzies in the tutleneck?

He looks awesome! Really nice detail and textures. I am filled with envy.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Nice job!
Probably a little too much sheen/lens distorts for my liking.

Really great job!:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

This looks Awesome! Great idea too! I think it would make a little more sense though for the soles of his shoes to be really worn. I mean, all that running… Also I think the face mask portion could be executed slightly better, just because it seems as if he couldn’t make up his mind as to whether he wanted his head covered or not. Still inspiring!

That dope!
Awesome Job!
TOP ROW!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very nice work!

I concur. Awesome work. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

It’s so great to see not only a retro-take on a superhero, but an originalretro-take. Not really like the original Flash at all, if I recall, but better in my opinion! Outstanding!

Edit; I love the lightning design sewn into the front of his jacket. Almost like a hidden easter egg.

Top Row!

Nice job, especially like the lightning bolt motif sewn into the leather. But the left foot seems to be floating off the ground though, is this intentional? Wonderful stuff nonetheless.:+1:

Its looking really good.

I think the heel is up but the toe is down like he’s taking a step.

Awesome work! :+1:

top row. awesome!