ZBrushCentral

Zbrush 4R2 Rendering Transparency

Hi there, mi first post in ZbrushCentral :slight_smile:

After getting mad searching for knowledge about transparency in Zbrush, finding only a pair of good tutorials about it, but for the previous Zbrush 4 release, I have just found the way to achieve transparency in Zbrush 4R2, with a very easy method.

Maybe everybody knows about it, I´m a sort of newbe in Zbrush, but I thought it was a good idea to clearify with a videotutorial.

Here you can see the easy way of rendering transparency in Zbrush 4R2, thanx for watching.

[youtubehd]wwHCsJyKxKs&hd=1[/youtubehd]

Hello Akelarre.
Thx for this thread.
I was wondering where display properties was…

The new question is: How can you put some different material on the second subtool ?
When I want to do this, all of subtools change with the new material I choose…

Thw for clearance. :slight_smile:

Olivier.

Hi Olivier,

Easy ;). Select the subtool you want to fill in, in the Subtool Palette. Select M in the (MRGB, RGB, M) Draw palette. Select whatever material, and go to Color Palette, and click in FillObject.

If you dont fill the subtool, it will change when you apply another material to another subtool. FillObject assures you it wont change. So fillobject for each subtool and material.

The M selection, is only for Material. In the video tutorial I use MRGB to fill the subtools, because I want Material and RGB low intensity to be applied on (transparency).

Hope it helps you.

Akelarre.

I’am going to try this.

Thanks for your time and support. :wink:

It works ! :):wink:
spheres.jpg

Ehy thanks for the tip, I was wondering do you know how to render a specular only material? invisible but that contributes to the render with his specular. In practice I’d like to do it to render the embossed transparent part of an eye. Would be cool if this part would be refractive too but as far as I know it doesn’t work in Zbrush.

Thanks!!

thanks very mach!!!

Great Tip. Thank you!!!:cool:

Thanks for the tutorial. Since I am a novice user, I am looking for tutorials all over this forum to work on my project. I found this to be a simple and eye catching effect. I will try this out and let you know how it goes.

David Fischer

Hey Akelarre !

Thanks for the cool tip!. I am also new to Zbrush, and have searched high and low how to make glass / windows.
I would ask if there is any chance that this video could be with sound, so you could tell in detail what you are doing?

• or maybe higher resolution?

Funny, that this subject is so very difficult to find tutorials about? Why is that?
I would think this was an obvious thing to show in Zclassroom… hmm

I am very curious about this as well. But with no sound, and a low resolution video, and having a later version of zB, I can’t exactly figure out what’s going on. Are there any more tutorials on this topic?