ZBrushCentral

Alex Marik - Sketchbook 2012

Hi people, after a long time from my last post, here I am again, starting a sketchbook. Last year I could not devote much time to the 3D and art in general, because of several factors, personal and professional. But I really hope that this year is different and that I can evolve more and more.

So, to start this sketchbook I decide to do the Incredible Hulk. Hope you all like.

Here the first shot, after the retopology and at subd 3. Main volumes I did with dynamesh.

Update. Almost there.

hulk_120104_1.jpg

hey, kool looking hulk u got there… :slight_smile: one thing that stands out to me is that his torso kinda feels too short… cause it kinda looks like his leg joins to his hip inline with his belly button almost. even tho u technically don’t have one in there yet lol. But yeh man, nice work, keep it up.

Hey Jutsu, thanks man!! Glad you like!!

Abaout the torso, I’ve tried to make him bended forward, then he should seem short on torso, that was the idea, and the bely button shoud be hidden somewhere between his muscles, :stuck_out_tongue:
But you’re right, it’s weird around this area. I’ll try something to fix that.

Thanks again man, soon more updates!

Another update, some minor changes in proportions and the beginning of magical pants that just rips strategically in appropriate places.

Update, almost there.

hulk_120111_01.jpg

Nice work!

I would smooth out some of the muscle… especially the detoid area where the collar bone connect… maybe just a tiny bit…But that’s just me.

Good work. Keep it up

Thanks Piggy, glad you like!

Great anatomy work, it looks good!!!
Will you render it with Vray or MentalRay? cause it could be awesome.

Hey, thank Luis!! :slight_smile: I`m glad you like!!

In fact i`m thinking render it with mentalray, with sss maybe!

See ya!

Looks good but, the pose doesn’t seem balanced. It looks like he’s about to fall forward. Also, his quads, specifically his vastus medialis, is coming pretty close to his calves. Maybe it’s just me, but i feel like there should be more a of a space there.

Thanks kapil. I try a better balance in final pose. See ya!

Here the final of the Hulk. Hope you all like!

Fantastic work on Hulk Alex mate!:+1:
Great sculpt!!!

Hulk rocks! Me like super much! :slight_smile:

Great work, Alex.

Thanks a lot Kenny, glad you like!!

Thanks kevphil, glad you like man!

Long time since my last post.

I’m participating of Papa Ninja’s challenge on Facebook, and here’s my WIP. Lot of thing to do yet.

FB_PapaNinja_AlexMarik.jpg

Here the sequence of the wip, first image is the color with basic shader. The second one is a composite with some render passes.

FB_PapaNinja_Alex_Marik2.jpgFB_PapaNinja_Alex_Marik2_t.jpg

My interpretation of Classic Cheetara form Thundercats.

Game model, ~11.000 tris.

Zbrush
Photoshop
Max

Nice!! I was just thinking about doing a Thundercats character, possibly Panthro or Lion-O

Thanks skdzines!! Any Thundercat is a good choice!! I’m thinking to do another one, Lion-O. But with this design:
http://www.animatoons.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MOVIELINE-LIONO.jpg

People don’t like this style, but…