ZBrushCentral

FiberMesh™ Preview

Hi :),

I am pleased to announce the official launch date for ZBrush 4R2b has been scheduled for January 23th, 2012.

ZBrush 4R2b will be released as a patch update to version 4R2, and is free of charge to all ZBrush registered users.

With each new release of ZBrush, we introduce new features that we hope will enable you to further explore your creativity while having a lot of fun in the process.

Originally ZBrush 4R2b was scheduled to be released in December and focus on fixing previously reported problems. Not fully satisfied with this original intent, we could not resist adding new and exciting features. FiberMesh™ is one of these features, which will have a significant impact on your ZBrush creations.

FiberMesh™ will enable you to easily and quickly create hair and other fibers. FiberMesh™ will create a fully sculptable PolyMesh 3D object.
The FiberMesh™ density can range from few polygons to several millions of polygons and it may also be exported, just like any other PolyMesh3D.
When you are done shaping and sculpting, Best-Preview-Render (BPR) will help you put the final shine on your creations:)

FiberMeshBN06.jpg

Note: Female figure courtesy of [Steve Jubinville](http://www.stevejubinville.com/)([Stubi](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc-user-gallery.php?uid=28863)) and male figure courtesy of [Alex Huguet](http://metamesh.cgsociety.org/gallery/)([metamesh](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc-user-gallery.php?uid=17648)).

In my next post, NoiseMaker will be previewed. NoiseMaker is another powerful feature that will be included in Z4R2b. It will certainly prove that at times, a lot of noise can be a good thing:)

Thanks for all the amazing contributions to ZBrushCentral throughout 2011.

On behalf of the entire Pixologic Team, have a happy and joyous holiday.

May all your travels be safe.

See you all in 2012!

Have fun ZBrushing!
-Pixolator

Damn! That looks really cool Pixolator! I know people are going to complain and say how this can’t be used in production, but for myself ,as a concept artist/3D Illustrator, I’m definitely looking forward to using this in my work!

Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

very cool, looks like it can used for a bunch of things not just hair, I’m wondering what is the workflow to export this into other packages? or is this a Zbrush thing only. Thanks for your hard work.

As I mainly work in illustration…this is a god send of a feature…Bless you Pixo:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Fantastic! Making hair and fur has always been a very unintuitive in other applications, but it looks really easy in the new release of ZBrush! It would be fantastic if the created curves could be exported to another applicatation, so that the hair styling could be used for the entire production pipeline.

I have often thought it would be awesome to do hair in zbrush, but I did not dare to think it would ever be a feature. You’ve made a lot of peoples dreams come true this christmas, Pixologic! Great work!

Fantastic! Looking forward to christmas in january! :+1:

Happy New Year everybody!:smiley:

pixolator und dem rest der bande einen guten rutsch ins neue jahr!

happy new year everyone!

cheers
chem!

Now THAT is what I have been waiting for.

Mike

ROTFLMAO :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing: , seriously though : it looks really cool!

Beautiful video!
Thank you so much for this. I was expecting it though. LOL
Pixologic treated it as another wonderful tool for art.
The last zoom on these plants is unbelievable. Congratulations!
And a happy new year. Pixo seems to be among the few that tying to make 2012 a happy year.
:+1:

Edit: It is a mesh and can be treated like a mesh. If it is a volume or faces (show back faces) I don’n know.
In any case, there’s a lot of usability for exporting. I don’t mean just fur as most apps have their own particle system. But using the wonderful Zbrushes on this… We’ll see. A lot of fun for sure.

Brilliant!
I think ZBrush approaches completeness, as for common illustrations.
Dynamics and animation you need other packages but I´m impressed by the
inventions made by the Pixologic team!
They are in their own league, with no competitors!

Danne/

By the previous thread, I said that there were not eyebrows and hair.

I have opened the mouth now.

Pixolator is genius!

:smiley:

hi Pixologic!
beautiful tool!
is it possible to change the fiber with other custom objects like feathers?
this new tool is awesome, but could you add a most important tool for the auto-retopology? i pray you about it
bye

Im with you Zbrush is for everybody and this is the perfect example!!

i have no words :o

yep looks lovely… and Im sure it will be a great tool.
but I really hope you have fixed the bugs that plague regular users every day… I would hate to think you spent all that time on this when you could have been fixing all the broken bits. of which there are many.

I think you have your answer in the original post :slight_smile:

Great!!! I’m ready to sculpt some werewolfs :smiley:

agreed, this looks awesome, but an auto retopo tool is a game changer, that and ptex. Although I really can’t stress enough how great it is you guys haven’t adopted the pay for upgrade autodesk crap. Always thankful just putting my 2 cents in for what’s needed to make my life way easier and many others :smiley:

jaw dropping! epic function with epic music! don’t know what to expect for the ZB5!

can the hair guide line be exported to other packages?