ZBrushCentral

My path to Zbrush Zen [Sketchbook]

Hello Users, First time poster and recent convert to Zbrush and am enjoying it very very much. Here I will try to post my progress. Some works will be polished some will be sketches. I hope to gain valuable feedback from here and meet fellow artists :+1: , so here goes -

Title:Evil Bami
Tools: Zbrush,Maya,3Dcoat,Vray,Photoshop
Time: 2days

Final beauty composite: Rendered with Vray using the fastSSS shader, composited in photoshop. I tried to use a linear workflow for the composite so keep a nice exposure for the final result.

Turntable: Raw beauty render from Vray

Zbrush BPR render - A quick composite at the beginning to test my concept.

Thanks!

Attachments

1_EVIL_BAMBI_-_vfxforge.jpg

b_comp_S.jpg

DAIDEM_STARS_-_vfxforge.jpg
Title: Diadem Medallion - Planet and Stars
Tool: Zbrush,Maya,Vray,PS

Notes:
Here is a medallion I sculpted in zbrush and rendered in Vray. The medallion will be part of a diadem ( headpiece ) which I am still working on. The design represents a planet surrounded by four stars.
I used different subtools then merged togather for the final obj export. For texturing I baked Zbrush’s matcap material, cavity map then used a Vray Blend shader with a mask to seperate the Gold material from the refractive crystal material. Still learning both Zbrush and Maya, but brain is working tonight - so I am happy.

DAIDEM_STARS_Zbrush_-_vfxforge.jpg
Here is a zbrush grab.

I am looking forward to finishing the whole diadem soon, the other pieces have been sculpted, I just need to bring them into Maya for rendering.

4.jpg

1.jpg

Tile: Gold Diadem Chain
Two renders of the chain links which will be used to hold up the different medallions for the Diadem. Sculpted in Zbrush and brought into Maya for rendering with Vray. I have the main medallion to bring into Maya then the whole piece will be completed.
The chains represent space and time, which holds the stars and planets together.
Thanks!

Really like the Diadem medallion - Planet and Stars. Nice stuff here.

@SolidSnakexxx Thank you very much!

Here is a one I did a while back, I think it was one of the first few zbrush sculpts I did, testing its hard surface brushes.

1_FINAL_COMP.jpg

TITLE: Spartan Helmet ( Xtreme Jungle Edition )
Tools: Zbrush, Photoshop.

VIDEO TURNTABLE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41778PiOiHU

Nice work! I specially like the shield. Continue like that ! Happy Zbrushing!

@wigo3d - Thank you.

concept__johnchen.jpg
z3.jpg
z4.jpg

Concept sketch in Zbrush for CGHUB’s creature planet challenge, spent around 5 - 6 hours on it. Most of that time spent trying to find the right proportions to merge the two, I not even sure I like the final concept. I think it still looks too stiff and disjointed… Ideas?

Here is the thread on CGHUB - Anyone is welcome to join in the challenge! http://cghub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8668

Gigantactis Uglvious

FINAL_COMP_S_CPA.jpg
Made for CGHUBS deep sea creature challenge. Took awhile to get the concept right in Zbrush then finished off in Maya and Vray.
You can download the hi-res here http://cghub.com/images/view/196566/

Hi John, Wow … loving this last post! Really awesome! Cheers, David :smiley:

Hi David, thank you very much, it is a beauty lol. Here us a closeup of the topside of it. Cheers!

closeup.jpg

(PS: liking your 2.5D surrealism images, keep em coming sir!)

Quick study inspired by recent trip to china.
COMP_small.jpg

ref
red.jpg

Hey John, loving that Foo Dog! :lol: How long were you in China? Cheers, David :smiley:

Thanks David :slight_smile: I was in Beijing for a week. -7 Degrees C… veeeery cold lol. But I very much enjoyed it, best time to go in my opinion, been winter there are less crowds!

Relaxing on a saturday night with some Zbrush fun. Would probably suit as a CD cover for a metal band. :evil: :evil: :evil:

metal_cover_symbol_1.jpg

metal_cover_symbol_zoom.jpg

Nice sketchbook mate, I remmeber you on CGHUB, we were on the same challenge I think creatures in the deep right?
Nice seeing you on ZBrushCentral.
Can’t wait seeing more from you. Keep the good work mate.
Kenny

work in progress.

neat creature, looking forward to the result!:slight_smile:

@KC cheers mate, should be done soon. :slight_smile: meantime a quick project for a friend, all zbrush.

a_COMP.jpg

jc_zb_pat.jpg

Hi John, I love this last one … right up my alley! :lol: Cheers, David :smiley:

Thanks David! Yep 2.5D is a nice change up, I felt a bit like Jackson Pollock doing the patterns lol.