ZBrushCentral

A LIST: Z2 AND OLDER ZSCRIPT COMPATIBILITY

I thought it might be an idea to put together a list of zscripts written for previous versions that do or don’t work with Z2.

So, if you have favourite zscripts that you use often, please note here whether they run OK under Z2 or if there are problems (details not necessary).

Zscript writers might also like to post whether they will or won’t be updating their zscripts (without any obligations :wink: ).

Obviously this will rely on people seeing this thread, so don’t take this list as being definitive.

Hi Bonecradle,
i wish to update some of my old scripts (zplace, zfabric, zfilter,ecc…), but after a few hours viewing the new zscript development i have realized some things:

1. the new development kit is largely undocumented (for now).
  2. i have no time to search how it works…i prefer to wait a manul or some infos from Pixologic.
  3. My Zfabric and ZPlace works with Z2 (i have not tried all the options)

cameyo

has anyone tried recording the running of a script? I wonder if that worked if it would help Cameyo and the others convert their scripts a bit easier and faster til the new docs are available?

hmmm I think I’ll try to do it and see what happens.

I’ve tried two of my scripts:

Moldy: Needs revision (the leds will probably go) to accomodate new draw tools, revise layout and eliminate redundant controls that appear elsewhere on the new interface (high priority).

UVConvert: Needs revision as well. Will try to make it more useful - depends on when I have time (low priority).

ALSO:
Pixolator’s Z-launcher: So far, works with no problem.

Good idea BC.

360 Turntable : I am going to redesign the script as a pop up window and fix a couple of mistakes. Works ok now except the background is flipped vertically.

Zif Edit rev b : Works ok apart from the colorization of zspheres. Going to be fixed soon and maybe add the ability to assign Polygroups while in Zsphere edit mode.

Materiallist and materialpack do NOT work. Not even close. Materiallist, in fact, went completely nuts then locked everything up so tightly that not even the three finger salute worked.

I’m hoping that the list functionality is built-in to Z2 in some mysterious little corner and I just haven’t found it yet, but that is starting to look unlikely.

Peej

Zlist should be also on that list for scrpits which are not working propperly.
I can load that script in Z2 but can not store any information.

Volker

Peej, material pack has been working fine on mine for about
two months
You can if you wish load the materials ( all 100 of them)
through the material pallette.
Sketch also seems to work ok (courtesy Southern)

ZList under ZB2 works for me, although it’s shakey. When saving a new material, I have to do the store process twice: First time I get a message that says “cancelled”. When I retry, it works as expected and the material gets stored. Also, after using it a while to retrieve various materials, I start getting subroutine error messages - and at that point I give up using it for that session, or restart ZBrush.

ZList is SUCH A USEFUL UTILITY to ZBrush that I hope Pixolator has time soon to re-write it to make it 100% compatible.

If the source were available I’m sure one of our ZScript experts here could patch it pretty quickly. In any case, it would be nice to get a ZB2 version working smoothly.

Sven

The source code Zlist is available but uncommented. Kind of hard to make heads or tails of it but I’m not very familiar with Zscript programming yet.

Hi Raf,

You’re right! I had a look and have to admit the source is slightly cryptic. Just for fun I’ll see if I can make head-or-tails of it and find what the problem is. :confused:

Sven

Raf (and anyone else who might be interested),

Here is the original ZLIST script… re-parsed to be more readable. I think I managed to keep all of the syntax intact.

NOTE: NO OTHER CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE TEXT SO IT STILL WON’T RUN CORRECTLY UNDER ZB2.

I’m posting this version for anyone who might want to try to tackle an update. By the way, some of Pixolator’s code innovations are pretty interesting!

After a few hours of inspection I concluded that the enhanced command set in ZB2 would probably make scripting a similar project much easier now. We’ll see.

Sven

Matthew: I’m not sure what ZBCentral etiquette is on a post like this… If Pixolator has ANY objections WHATSOEVER, please feel free to pull it! Thanks.

Been trying out some of my “older” scripts. These are the ones that are working for me and still use.

MaterialList- works great, add & delete materials
MaterialList-Southern’s Flesh Pack
MaterialPack-Also works very well

and a real oldie–ZBrush1.23 Material Factory from Southern.
Even the tutorial works!