ZBrushCentral

Peter Lorre....not?

Not Peter Lorre himself, just a vision of his characters in black and white films.
My take on “Arsenic & Old Lace” and his line: “Oh no, Johnny, please not like in Philadelphia!”.
And if you wonder, yes the hat comes from Mr Cairo In another movie:cool:.

Attachments

01 johnny please.jpg

02 johnny please.jpg

03 johnny please.jpg

04 johnny please.jpg

I don’t know these movies, but the character is very funny

Thanks! You MUST see “Arsenic & Old Lace” and “Casablanca”, they are fantastic movies and very easy to find anywhere!

cheers!

Wholeheartedly agree! I wish more people appreciated the old classic b&w movies the way you obviously do. Your Lorre is a welcome treat. Now I’m searching for reference photos of Sidney Greenstreet from The Maltese Falcon. Thanks for the insperation!

:cool: Thanks! I’ve just uploaded (re: my sig) a Mob Boss for my Peter Lorre, He was supposed to be a Greenstreet character but ended up far leaner… let’s say he’s a modern cardio-aware version of Greenstreet :lol:. this said I am planning a “sweaty bully” type.
I do indeed look forward to your Maltese Falcon boss!
I’m currently, as I type, working on the Femme Fatale for my mobsters :rolleyes:

Looking forward to your sculpts!

Oh, btw, not that it’s interesting or anything: at the moment I try working without reference, rather from emotional memory. I try to get the expression, so I don’t want to get stuck with the expression of an actor on a certain photo. Plus I don’t feel capable yet of trying a likeness.

This said I know those old movies by heart so I don’t need much of an effort to summon up those wonderful people.

Mmmmm… I think I’m going to do a Cary Grant type, one those days… the Loony version from “Bringing up Baby”!
:D:D:D

I wish my memory was that good:lol:. Your Lorre bust is twice as good after finding out you were working from memory!

Shameless plug inserted here; If you’re interested in old bad movies, I have a wip bust of Tor Johnson on the page linked in my sig.

Edit; watching Arsenic and Old Lace again thanks to you and NetFlix.:smiley:

:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing: I love your Tor Johnson!
if you like bad movie you must see the bad movie made ON PURPOSE “Lost Skeleton of Cadavra” it’s a masterpiece homage to old crapy movies and it’s so hilarious it hurts each time I watch it!

Give my best regards to the son of the cook! (re: last scen before conclusion of old lace :-D)

Will do! And I will look up that movie as soon as old lace is over.