ZBrushCentral

zBrush and Tablet Computers

I have seen somewhere where zBrush was being used on a old tablet pc computer running XP.

I would like to have a similar setup for when i am out and about or away from my computer where i could use zBrush on a tablet PC. So far i have found a Dell laptop that flops to a tablet interface (DELL Inspiron Duo Tablet PC (Foggy Night Black) with Audio Station Intel Atom N570(1.66GHz) 10.1" 2GB Memory DDR3 800 320GB HDD 7200rpm Intel GMA 3150).

I don think the Dell i have found so far will work and i am sure someone in the zBrush community has to have experience doing something similar.

Anyone have any suggestions or warnings on tablet PCs, Laptops with touch screens or laptops that convert into tablets?

Also, has anyone had any experience with zBrush running on windows 7 starter edition? Will it run on Windows 7 starter?

Anyone?

I think I’ve seen people using an Axiotron Modbook, which is just a Macbook converted into a tablet.
You need a pressure sensitive input, for sure.

The thing is: KEYBOARD MODIFIERS are essential in Zbrush.
I found this video, which I only skimmed, about running Zbrush and Maya on an Asus Eee Slate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfB8_fL9mIc&feature=fvwrel

it looks okay, but he has a portable keyboard to make it work and desires a mouse for maya.
Looks like a nice product.

• [LIST]
    > Also, has anyone had any experience with zBrush running on windows 7 starter edition? Will it run on Windows 7 starter?

[/LIST]
I am pretty sure the ep121 is running starter?(will double check that when I get home) if i am right, zbrush runs on starter with no problems at all.

I would like to have a similar setup for when i am out and about or away from my computer where i could use zBrush on a tablet PC. So far i have found a Dell laptop that flops to a tablet interface (

DELL Inspiron Duo Tablet PC (Foggy Night Black) with Audio Station Intel Atom N570(1.66GHz) 10.1" 2GB Memory DDR3 800 320GB HDD 7200rpm Intel GMA 3150)

I have not used it, but I don’t know how the atom processor would handle zbrush, I have used the atom processor for other stuff (office stuff), and It was not so great, I would def try to see if you could load up a demo zb instore before you purchase.

android tablet pc is really very nice.It comes with a 7" resistive touch screen, 4GB nand flash, supports for HTML5, Wi-Fi for instant online connectivity as well as the amazing Android 2.3 operating system while keeping the price low, giving you the good quality.

Recently I’ve bought a ESPOW tablet pc which comes with a 10.1" capacitive multi-touch screen with a resolution of 1024*600, a Android 2.3 OS and 1.2GHz CPU, a 512MB memory and 4GB flash, two cameras including 0.3MP front camera&2.0MP back camera, supports for WiFi, 3G and Bluetooth.
Now I’m wondering whether it can operate XP or not?

I’m running ZBrush on an ep121 slate PC. It’s got a 12" screen, dual core i5 (not ideal, but quite workable), and a port for the pen. I replaced the large bluetooth keyboard with a smaller one that I can use one-handed while zbrushing away from my desk, and it rocks. It’s running windows 7 and has no problems that way, though you’d want to pop over to wacom’s site to download the driver (the base driver doesn’t include all of the pressure sensitive functionality). That said, if you get one, get the high end one (about $1200 on amazon) because the lower models only have 32 gigs of hard drive and 2 gigs of ram, which is a waste of time if you’re loading up with ZBrush, a 3D app, and photoshop.

you can run zbrush on a lenovo think pad with XP

its limited but just enough screen space to sculpt and enough power to comfortably sculpt up to around 5 mil polys

i bought mine of ebay and some extra RAM for less than £200 that was a few years ago,

i think i followed this guys example, you can dl his zbrush interface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYLVD0qYwA

i guess it wont work with 64 bit but there’s still a 32 bit version right?

its a good cheap solution and ive sculpted dinosaurs in airport departure lounges, it also acts as a great extra laptop for reference images while youre sculpting

Been running Zbrush on an Axiotron Modbook since v. 4r5 and now on the Modbook pro with 4r7. Only problem is since the shift to 4r7, Zbrush opens in an application window, and that window frame causes an offset which causes the cursor to be off-register. The only solution is to go full-screen, which takes ZBrush into another Desktop space thus eliminating the ability to use See-through or quickly command-tab to other windows. Now it “swipes” over to the main desktop which is extremely annoying. I’d go back to 4r6 if it wasn’t for ZModeler.
Pressure sensitivity and performance are great on either Modbook.

About your last question:
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: