ZBrushCentral

nomad(cloaked)'s sketchbook

Hi everyone. Long time since I followed this forum around, lurking on other people’s works and sketchbooks and I gotta say I was blown away by some of them. Whenever I get low on inspiration I stop by this wonderful place called zbrushcentral and let my eyes stare at these great works here. It’s been awhile since I am using zbrush, so I decided why not post some of my stuff here and learn a few things from you great artists out there. So if you have the time leave a comment/critique, anything:), greatly appreciated. I am new to this posting on forums stuff, so I’m sorry for any mistake that I did. Ok., enough talk, here goes.

I’ll start with a piece I did awhile back and never got to finish; inspired from The Hunchback of Notre-Dame:

Ok, next, a scene also inspired from The Hunchback of Notre-Dame,also unfinished:

A little baby:

A mother with a baby:

It seems I reached the limit for posted images; guess that’s it for now. I’ll be updating tomorrow then. Thx for watching.

Attachments

Shot1.jpg

Shot2.jpg

Shot3.jpg

Shot4.jpg

Shot5.jpg

Baby.jpg

Shot1.jpg

Wellcome, nice work! I hope to see those models textured soon :+1:

love the composition on the 1st piece.It’s very artistic. Hope you’ll get a chance and finish it. Best of luck! :+1:

Hello again guys, thx alot Bas Mazur for your kind words. The bad thing about me(among others:)) is that I find it hard to come back to some of my older works, but I’m glad you liked it and maybe I will give them some color and finish it. Your work is outstanding by the way. Ok…carrying on with the sketchbook.

More shots with the woman and child:

Shot2.jpg

Shot3.jpg

Next one is a scene with some german soldiers, a mortier team, inspired from an ilustration on the net:

1st trooper:

Trooper1_Turnaround.jpg

2nd Trooper:

Trooper2_Turnaround.jpg

3rd Trooper:

Trooper3_Turnaround.jpg

4th Trooper:

Trooper4_Turnaround.jpg

Some face closeups:

Face_Closeups.jpg

The Mortar Team in action:

Shot3.jpg

Attachments

Shot4.jpg

Shot1.jpg

Thank you very much crazysheep, coming from you it’s an honnor, your work is…I just don’t have the words for it man. Those folds, the details just…speechless. Ok, here’s some more shots with the germans:

Ok, next some Battletoads fan art, cause I liked that game very much although it was hard as hell:

And here’s the Dark Queen and Robo-Rat, I knew I made a postament for them but couldn’t find it anymore:

And a little scene with all of them:

Good works my friend! Keep them coming :+1: . Best of luck!

Hello guys, time for a little update, and continue with this sketchbook.
Thank you ovidius for your kind words, keeps me motivated mate. Your painting and sculpting skills are quite impressive my friend, all the best to you and keep it up.

I’ll start with some Star Wars stuff; Ayla Secura from the Clone War, inspired by the actress that played the role in the movie:

I like comic books very much, and the XMen universe is one of my favorites. So here is my attempt on Logan for start:

And here, he’s holding a cigar(just a cilinder actualy:)):

And of course there’s video games, and the Resident Evil series is one of my favorites also, so here is my take on Chris and Claire; I changed their faces, but kept the costumes:

That’s it for now, thx for watching guys, good luck to you all and all the best.

Amazing work. Chris and Claire are excellent, nice details in the soldier too.

wow,awesome works…!!

very nice work! i like the mortar team~ did u rig and posed them in a 3d package or just in zbrush?

For som reason I ended up scrolling upwards, and stuff kept amase me, then I scrolled the other way… Alot of good work here. I liked the german mortar team alot.

very nice models! I really like them!

great works !

Hi nomad,

Glad to see you finally decided to post your works to the people instead of keeping to yourself. Nice introduction and good work m8. Hope you can finish the resident evil artwork one day.

Hello guys.

@ezekiel6 - Thank you very much, your words mean alot to me.
@abhishekshs - Thanks alot, I like the stuff that you do, very clean and beautiful, keep at it:+1:. Best to you.
@naito00 - Thank you my man. The mortar team was posed in zbrush with transpose master and then I did some refining afterwards. Hope that helps.
@VictorCS - Thank you very much, what you said keeps me motivated. Good luck to you.
@Uber - Thank you so much. I’m glad that you liked them.
@PSTCHOART - Thank you very much, coming from you it’s an honnor, your work is fantastic:+1:.

I reviewed my post, but I don’t know why for some reason the first images that I posted disapeared. I know I did something wrong, but I don’t know what;maybe it has something to do with the MA rating that I put in there:). So I’ll upload them again. Hope I don’t break any rules by that. So here it is:

Thx again for watching, and best of luck to you all.

staaars :angry:
great work man!:D:+1:

@Bushidou - Thank you very much my friend, glad to hear from you. Best of luck to you:+1:.
@rodion vlasov - Thank you so much. Your work is an inspiration, those face that you do, very expressive and artistic;realy amazing stuff. Keep it up:+1:small_orange_diamond:).

Good luck to you all.

Very cool thread. !!! Lots of great work really like your last one great posing

Your Hunchback is incredible! I would love to see it fleshed out with full textures. It’s very evocative of the Charles Laughten movie from the thirties. Really great work! Bravo, and hope you make top shelf soon!

battletoads!!!..wow! you have no idea how many physical fights that game created!!! especially the vertical cave part :slight_smile: i was almost homeless one time because of that game :slight_smile:

great sculpts!