ZBrushCentral

Langelot's sketchbook

Hi everybody.
I use ZB since the version 2 but it is my very first post here. The fact is that I can’t let my wacom tablet since the release of the version 4R2. DynaMesh is exactly what I needed to model faster and in an easier way.

Here are my first models, a lot of other models will follow in this thread. I’m a french illustrator, I spend a lot of time with a software like Art Rage, and with ZB 4R2, I can model exactly in the same way I usually draw, that’s pretty cool !
For my advertising works, I use Modo, and with GoZ, it’s a pleasure to export ZB models.

The last picture is a retopologised model, with projection. The retopology has been done in ZB. It has 1000 polys.

Langelot

Attachments

leo-bpr.jpg

leo-dynamesh.jpg

dynamesh-leo-worflow.jpg

dynamesh-leo-worflow2.jpg

leo-wireframe-retopo.jpg

Here is my first character with DynaMesh. I love politic cartoons, so it was very funny to model the french president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
I hope I will have time to make a funny Barrack Obama in the near future :wink:

sarko.jpg

thanks for posting the steps:), gives you a “time” perspective building your lion head:+1:

nice work on the lion head

Thanks a lot !
I have a lot of fun with DynaMesh (they could have named 4R2 just 5 for this). It’s so pleasant to model so easily !

A lot of very nice models Lancelot! The Lion is really cool and the french president is… so real ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Another model : my dyna-dog. Done in 1h30.
dyna-dog3.jpg

very nice models, likeness of sarkozy is great, and the dog adorable… enjoyed also to see the progess pics of the lion, with the times added, really gives the impression of that you literally draw in zbrush. interesting, thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Kokoro, it helps me to progress faster :smiley:
I enjoy drawing animals, and you’re right, with Dynamesh, sculpting is like drawing. Very special experience for a drawer…

The beginning of my SantaClaus. A lot of fun, I wanted him to look like an old good grand-father. The matcap version is just to try some materials, I have to paint him.
SC1.jpg

Small update :
SC2.jpg

Nice Santa Claus! Perhaps the barb needs some depth? I give just the feeling of details on the top of a big mass, not really strands of barb, no?

Yes, you’re right, Thomas. I will correct that :wink:

I have written a tutorial for the french magazine 3D Mag. It is about ZB 4R2, and I present a model made with DynaMesh and new options of strokes.
Here is the final rendering, done in Modo, via GoZ. It is a caricature of the french king, Louis XIV. I wanted to present ZB with a funny model.
I hope you’ll like it.
loulou7_2011-10-06.jpg

LOL! The nose make me think of Depardieu actor!
Perhaps you should add more sharpen to your render, the image looks blurry. (perhaps the jpg compression).

Well done, special the hair:+1:

Thanks, Bas Mazur, I’m proud of your interest !
A small update of my WIP Santa Claus. Just some light and painting tests. I think I will retopologize it, and do the final render in Modo.
SC8.jpg

My first test with ZB4R2b :
ZBrush-leo5.jpg

I have used Sasquatch with LightWave, and I usually use the fur in Modo, and I have to say I’m very impressed by this new feature in ZB. It’ a lot quicker to sculpt the mane for example in ZB than in Modo.

Love your sculpting on Santa’s beard :slight_smile:

The fur and mane om the lion is looking good so far. With a bit more tweaking, it would be fablous! Great stuff!