ZBrushCentral

TrappedInFlesh's Sketchbook

I will start with my self-portrait, a fantastic being. I began with Zspheres. A question for the pro’s freelance and inhouse. From concept to image or 3D print, what kind of a time frame is typical?

Attachments

JesseVelasquez_TrappedInFlesh_MIQ_1_zspherechain.jpg

bit off track. I thought I’d work on my sites layout using Zbrush and my recent sculpt Mr. Gohtze. I’m going to have some fun sculpting and changing his expression. Then I will polypaint.

Attachments

JesseVelasquez_TrappedInFlesh_site_layout_1.jpg

Playing with lights

Attachments

JesseVelasquez_TrappedInFlesh_site_layout_light_adjst.jpg

Mr Goahtze. A souls insurance sales man. I originally started to sculpt him using another one of my model/sculpts as a base to quickly sculpt his concept. Now that I have a better idea of what I want him to look like I begin with Zspheres and build a rig for my base mesh. I will save this Zsphere chain as a tool and then use it to pose Mr Goahtze.

Attachments

JV_TrappedInFlesh_MrGoahtze_ZsphereChain.jpg

Here is an update on Mr. Goahtze. I’m sculpting from memory. I don’t know how far I will take him or if his design will later change.

Attachments

JV_TrappedInFlesh_MrGoahtze_wip_1.jpg

worked on his arm and shoulder. also did some work on his back-post that later. Going to watch The Walking Dead.

Attachments

JV_TrappedInFlesh_MrGoahtze_wip_2.jpg

My mother use to ask me why I never sculpted or drew anything pretty. She has this thing for roosters and elephants. I want to sculpt one of or maybe both as I imagine them. Originally I was just going to sculpt a rooster crowing on top of a rock, fence, or rooftop, but then…it would not be mine. So I’m going to redesign one of these animals or maybe both. I will create with elegance in mind. I played with GIMP and had a good time. My take (no thoughts of elegance) on a possible rooster is the result. My painting is only a reference, something to stir my imagination as I sculpt, I can’t illustrate. Any one else use GIMP? Why or Why not?

Attachments

JV_TrappedInFlesh_TheRooster_quick_concept1.jpg

hey trappedinflesh checked your sketchbook and last post - dont say i cant illustrate say i will and do it - next thing you know you will ! bet mom would love a 3d print of your results under the tree ! happy holidays !:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: oh and never heard of gimp but i have heard of zb’s paintstop;)

Thanks for sharing GIMP. Just found it.

@Gary I will only be printing it as a 2d image. I can’t afford to print it in 3d. Your right, I shouldn’t say I can’t, I should just try and keep on trying.

I have created a Zsphere armature/rig for The Rooster. From this I will use Dynamesh to get me started. Once happy with the sculpt I will pose him using transpose or maybe give Blender a try, clean him up, then retopo for better polypaint results. This is my plan so far.

Attachments

JV_TrappedInFlesh_Zsphere_Rooster_Armature.jpg

I’m in Dynamesh now. Attached is the result of a few minutes with the Claybuildup and ClayTubes brush.

Attachments

JesseVelasquez_TrappedInFlesh_TheRooster_wip_sculpt_1.jpg

Since The Rooster image is a gift for my mother I have to change the design a bit. She doesn’t like monsters. I came up with a small background story for my character to help me with his design. I even drew a diagram, lol, you can see it here. http://www.trappedinflesh.com You can watch where I was going with The Rooster monster version on my Vimeo page http://www.trappedinflesh.com/p/contact-links.html

w.i.p. In this video I’m roughing out the design. I can’t draw well but thanks to Zbrush I can design and sketch my idea in 3d.
<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/33584025?title=0&portrait=0&color=ffffff” webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“284” width=“398”></iframe>

Here is an update.

Attachments

JesseVelasquez_TrappedInFlesh_TheRooster_wip_ConceptSculpt_1.jpg

Ok…Here is my attempt at polypainting The Rooster. I was trying to use Mask by Cavity but had not luck, it would not mask the cavities defining the muscles. It would only mask underneath the would be feathers on his back, so I polypainted with out the cavity mask. I tried this without referring to any of my books. I’m going to sculpt in some Super Sculpey now, The Rooster will have to wait. When I get back to The Rooster I will look up cavity masks.

Attachments

JesseVelasquez_TrappedInFlesh_TheRooster_wip_render9_polypaint1.jpg

Yeah, this idea isn’t creepy at all.

Did you play around with the cavity angle settings? Positive and negative values differentiate between painting in the cavity while excluding the raised surface or the complete opposite.

you wear a disguise to look like human guys… but you’re not a man. you’re a chicken boo…

Jerick, thanks. I did play with the settings after I posted. I’m going to continue to work on this character until I’m satisfied. I rendered a mid shot (above belly button to top of head) to print and give to my mother, sister and brother for Christmas. I’ll post the render after the holiday. For my mother I want a full body render of him, The Rooster, posed with a weapon. I will try to do some hard surface modeling to make a staff, mace, and sword to see which one suits him best. I posted sketches of a staff and double ended mace on my site http://www.TrappedInFlesh.com

dapharmer, he’s anthropomorphic, it’s not a disguise and he’s male. The Rooster.

I made it. I did not complete the full figure because I would not have finished in time to have it printed for Xmas. So I printed a portrait. I will never print more than these three: one for my Mother, one for my Brother, and one for my Sister. If there ever is a fourth it was done with out my permission. It felt really good seeing my sculpt as an 18"x24" print. I’ll post an image of it later. I found my medium…Thank you Pixologic.