Unable to raise the motivation or energy to start something new, I decided to finally light the candle on Bag End (litterally). I spent several days attempting to find a way to at least partially simulate this in Zbrush, but the closest I could come was to place a point light directly over the lamp and crank all the settings for it down to minimum. It did a semi-reasonable job at creating the area light I needed but of course it didn't provide the pinpoint light for the flame. I finally just threw up my hands and did the flame and area light in Photoshop. I was tired and more than a tiny bit frustrated at the time so I didn't really do a very good job, but I'll probably fix it in the near future. C&C welcome.