Senior Member User Gallery

Practicing my dismal organic skills with this Superman caricature bust. Also trying to figure out how to control wild hair. Tips?

Deviantart

An old dog, learning some new tricks.
    Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!
    Crowe T. Robot: I don't know why he does it, or who lets him do it!

And some interesting results in PS.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!

Hey Gary, I like how your final Steam Punk horse came out. You know, I am digging how you like to experiment (that's what true artists are about), BUT, I will send Dragons back to you if you do not restore your Steam Punk Horses original texture- Man, that was AWSOME looking!! And no, I cannot let you slide on this one- That texture you originally made fits your horse to the tee. I will start a petition to have you change it back, I will, I will-

I like the character with the Mask (what you have so far). I know your still working on it, but, I already like the 'flesh' on him.

Man, I stand up and salute you for using Fiber Mesh. I already have enough so far on my plate with ZBrush, that it's one of the furthest things that I even plan to play with for now- (man, did that last sentence even make any sense? So tired right now-

I feel you on the high poly count stuff. As I was telling VISEone over at his post, it's one of the reasons I have stopped for now the work on my Purple HOTROD. The poly count on that got way out of hand. Ran across this post tonight:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...hbook&p=935372
    I like his work flow (except that I will use the primitives in ZBrush and just go from there for my next project). But, can't wait for that QRemesher, that is going to be heaven sent for an artist like me.

Anywho, as usual... following. Best.
    Last edited by Dragon; 03-01-12 at 09:57 PM.

Roughing out a new exo-suit.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Hey Dragon. Sorry, I didn't see your post until after I had uploaded the new pics. No worries on the horse material, it's still there. That last picture was all done in photoshop with one of the artistic filters. I thought it looked pretty cool, so I posted that. I'm going back to that eventually and do all the proper post stuff in photoshop with different renders, but I had worked on the horse so much over a period of a couple of days that I couldn't see straight lol.

BW, I swear to god I'm gonna call you at some point hehe. Lots of family drama making it difficult to have a few quiet moments to have a conversation.
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

I've made a little progress today.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Legs are buy one, get one free! Today only!

Last edited by voodoodad; 03-03-12 at 02:37 PM.
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
    Hey Dragon. Sorry, I didn't see your post until after I had uploaded the new pics. No worries on the horse material, it's still there. That last picture was all done in photoshop with one of the artistic filters. I thought it looked pretty cool, so I posted that. I'm going back to that eventually and do all the proper post stuff in photoshop with different renders, but I had worked on the horse so much over a period of a couple of days that I couldn't see straight lol.

BW, I swear to god I'm gonna call you at some point hehe. Lots of family drama making it difficult to have a few quiet moments to have a conversation.
    Ah, I was just tugging at ya in fun. Bro, just do what you feel is best-

And no biggy on calling me, I know WE will get around to speaking with one another. Funny, the only REAL time I have to speak with anyone (including my own family that live in other states) is when I am either driving to or from work (ya, I know that's wrong, but I don't do it all the time, I really do pull off alot or talk to them while in the parking lot at work or in my drive way at home). Cause once I get home (or am home)... DRAMA!

Anywho, man, I think you have found a VERY nice niche with your EXO-SKELETON sculpt. When I saw the thumbnail, I had NO IDEA it was yours. Everything you have made to date is real cool (really dug the MECH). But this suite, man, looks EXTREMELY PRO... very 'computer controlled' (no 'bumpies'). Now this is one I cannot wait to see you finish. Just make sure that whatever you did to the upper body, you do to lower part. And, loving the colour choice as well. AWSOME WORK!

Thank you Dragon! I had an EXTREMELY scary moment after placing the last piece in place when Zbrush crashed during the save but it worked out okay and only cost me 15 minutes or so of work. Anyway here's the fully constructed suit. I still need to add a weapon and smooth out a few rough edges before I pose it for a final render.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

In the end I decided to lose one arm and replace it with the weapon of choice. Still lots of tweaking to be done, lighting, a few more details and such.

Give me feedback, my friends... God knows I need it.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

A few more views.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

This one is great!!! AS well as Steam Horse!
    You're getting better and better with every character you make!

Cheers,
    Svyat
    faivcat@gmail.com

Thank you Faircat!
    Here's some close ups.
    Last edited by voodoodad; 03-04-12 at 07:38 AM.
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Playing with lightcaps.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Rendered with filters and adjustments.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!