Senior Member User Gallery

Thats awesome mate, totally love the scene! Reminds of The Shire of the Lord of the Rings!
    Really great and something new voodoodad Keep up the amazing work!
    All the best to you,
    - Kenny
    Kenny Carmody
    Student for 3D-Modelling and 3D-Sculpting
    ShowReel May2012 -
    http://vimeo.com/42027953
    CGHub Portfolio - http://kc-production.cghub.com/
    Blogfolio -
    http://kennycarmody-art.blogspot.de/

Truubluu; not a problem, man! I was having a hell of a time finding info about doing fog through the render filters, and Mealeaying and I worked out how to recreate the best render fog. I wanted to try to return the help that folks hlave given me here over the past few months by posting what I knew in one place. If there's enough interest, I may end up re-posting the info in the tutorials forum.

Kenny, thank you! I'm really glad you like it. And you nailed it. It's an attempt to recreate Bilbo's "hole" from Fellowship of the Ring.

Now I'm going to ask you fine folks to help me out again by giving me some advice on my latest wip. I have a hard time judging my own work and I think this looks okay, but I don't trust my own judgement lol. I'm thinking the legs may be a tad short and I'd like to know what you all think about that and anything else you may see that looks off.

Deviantart

An old dog, learning some new tricks.
    Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!
    Crowe T. Robot: I don't know why he does it, or who lets him do it!

Super Moderator User Gallery

Hey

Really great piece. Would be cool to see this in the new perspective camera for ZBrush4R3. You can activate the camera by turning off the Local button on the right side of the interface.
    You can also play with the perspective angle of view in the Draw Palette. Really great scene. Keep the images coming.

Thank you gabo! I knew about the angle of view thing, but the updated perspective thing I hadn't read anything about. I'm playing with it right now on a new environmental piece and when you crank the agle up you really get some wild effects! Great, every time I think I've got Bag End and Rivendell finalized, I find a new toy to play with on them lol. Damn, Zbrush is entertaining!

Thanks again, Gabo 1991!
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!

User Gallery

Hey your Shire scene is pretty awesome , nice work
    I tried out your fog settings and they work with some tweaking of course (he he ) the result is posted in my last two posts...
    Looks like a good start on a Clydesdale type war horse......
    And thanks for posting your fog tutorial.... Deke
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    " Life is the art of drawing without an eraser "

Quote Originally Posted by blueferret View Post
    Hey your Shire scene is pretty awesome , nice work
    I tried out your fog settings and they work with some tweaking of course (he he ) the result is posted in my last two posts...
    Looks like a good start on a Clydesdale type war horse......
    And thanks for posting your fog tutorial.... Deke
    We're busy cross-posting, Blue lol. Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad to see you making such great use of the fog! Your horse scene looks awesome!
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

HOLY CRAP! Gabo1911's suggestion just gave Bag End a whole new... errrmmm... perspective. Enjoy!
    Edit; reposted image after updating fog depth settings a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bagend 4.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	465.0 KB 
ID:	301075  
    Last edited by voodoodad; 03-29-12 at 07:13 PM.

Member User Gallery

Wow, the perspective just puts you right in the scene! Really beautiful. Every time I look at this image, I can hear leaves rustling and birds singing.

Forgive me for being corny, but there's something magical about this image; it's so transportive!

Can't wait to see what comes next!

Thanks again for sharing, and for your previous reply. I have to confess that I had not come across that fact regarding your challenges with seeing certain colors. Good to know!

Terry

Terry, thanks once again for your very kind words. They weren't corny at all. In fact, that is the very feeling I wanted to achieve when I started this piece. Some day I'm hoping to be good enough at organic work to add Gandalf the Gray standing there knocking on Bilbo's door with his staff like he did way back at the beginning of The Hobbit. You can't really see it unfortunately, but on the door is carved Gandalf's mark as it was described in the book, signalling the dwarves that this was the house they were to meet at and start all of the glorious adventures in that book and those to follow.

Anyway, thanks again for your help earlier with this piece and I'm very pleased that you enjoy this image as much as I enjoyed making it.
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

User Gallery

Very nice.... a fine picture of sereness ( or serenity )... I also tweaked my horse project one last time...Deke
    Last edited by blueferret; 03-29-12 at 10:53 PM.
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    " Life is the art of drawing without an eraser "

wow the perspective really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by blueferret View Post
    Very nice.... a fine picture of sereness ( or serenity )... I also tweaked my horse project one last time...Deke
    I saw that Deke! Inspiring work! Was any of that done in PS, or was it all in Zbrush? Because you got a swirly effect to your fog in that last one that I have no idea of how you did it in Zbrush.
    Quote Originally Posted by monstermaker View Post
    wow the perspective really helped.
    Thanks Rick! Perspective was already on in the original renders, but Gabbo1991 gave me that tip about the new perspective camera a few posts back, and it had an amazing effect. Added a whole new depth to the piece that hadn't been there before. (I've been managing to keep my heartbeat under sem-control the last few times you've posted here, btw )
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

A couple of shots of the very rough first stages of my new environmental wip. I'm not basing this one on anything in particular. I just wanted to do another piece with water and a little fibermesh.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Wow. Please excuse the huge size. I seem to have doubled my default document size without realizing it.
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Trying to work my way through one of the most serious cases of post-project blues I've endured as of yet. In the mean time I'm practicing some more sculpting and posing with my war horse. This started out as a study of Frazetta's Death Dealer horse, but I got side tracked and kind of like the idea of a Pegasus in the style of the Book of Dreams album cover. Attempting to pose while keeping the distortions to a minimum. Let me know what you think.

Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!