ZBrushCentral

Ever considered 3D printing your ZBrush models?

Hey guys,

I’m new to the community and I was wondering if anyone here ever considered getting their work 3D printed. The works on this forum are so sublime that it wouldn’t surprise me if it ever crossed anyone’s mind before. Most of the works are also ideal for 3D printing as you’d end up having your own sculpture on your desk.

Anyways, it was just a question so I’m curious about what artists around here think about this.

Thanks for your input. :slight_smile:

David Arroyo
i.materialise
Community Manager

Hey David,
I know a lot of people want to get their model printed, and some of them actually do, there are sufficient examples on this forum, you just got to know where to look.

May I ask why you’re asking this??

Sorry for the late reply, it has been hectically busy in the office lately. To answer your question Slice, yeah… after a bit of scouting through ZBrush Central I have indeed seen that plenty of people do get their virtual work 3D printed. Some of the results are mind boggling! Either ways… we’re a 3D printing partner and have more than 20 years of experience in this field so I was just doing some research into ZBrush users and 3D printing. I can see how ZBrush is perfect for 3D Printing. The mesh comes out clean and that’s what really makes the difference for us to 3D print things.

We also organize Design Challenges and such and I think it would also be great to have a ZBrush Design Challenge where i.materialise would for example 3D Print the winning designs for free and send them to the winners.

These are just some ideas at the top of my head, but I think that the entire ZBrush Community has a lot of potential for 3D priting.

All feedback is always welcome of course. :smiley:

That would be a cool idea. I was actually looking into 3D printing not to long ago. I find it very interesting.

Hi ChristophS,

If you’re interested in getting your work 3D printed, you can always have a look at our website.
www.i.materialise.com

We offer many different 3D printing methods and materials at a range of different prices. Let me know if you have any further questions or interest in our services. I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

David

I know this thread is over a year old sorry.

I’m looking into this now. So one thing I’m worried about is uploading my meshes to someone I don’t know. Also if you guys print something do you then own it or some type of fine print. Or is it just like going to some place like kinkos for 3d models to print?

Hi,

If we print something for you, you first need to upload your 3D file to our 3D print lab (http://i.materialise.com/3dprintlab). And rest assured you will always be the owner of the 3D file you uploaded. Your uploaded mesh will only be send to our production database for printing and will never be publicly available. Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,
Franky

Webite Manager i.materialise

I have a question relating to scale. I used the famous RingMaster plugin for Zbrush, set it to ‘US size 10’ and exported. When i bring into i.materialise (via .FBX) it is MASSIVE (like, hundreds of inches). Any idea what is going on? Can anyone help so that i can keep the EXACT sizes (since it’s a ring, that part is critical).

Thanks in advance!
J